Chapter 6: Dead Inside

(Note: Don't worry guys! Y/N will come back, just not now.)
As Emari was uncomfortably laying in bed, she was thinking what had happened yesterday. Emari actually had a crush on Edward long ago. Edward, to her, was a hot headed, short person who was always prepared for literally anything. But once she had heard Edward had to leave home, she thought some other person will have interest in him.
"One person," Emari recalled, "can mean something huge?"
What did it mean, Emari asked herself. Emari thought about it for a while, until she came to realization. It felt very eerie and uncomfortable as she thought about it. Emari even let her curly hair block her eyes.
"He means, that one person can be the biggest enemy..?" Emari asked out loud, not really intentionally. She felt uneasy and tried to calm herself down, "Alright, me. Whatever that meant, it probably is a fraud. Calm down."
The girl felt like the need to have someone slap her to make her forget any of this. Then, Emari remembered that horrid feeling of being strangled by Edward. However, her uneasiness made her so sleepy, that she fell asleep.
She felt herself grasp at her pillow that she laid on.
The moment Emari woke up she instantly got up and changed. Deciding to check up on Ed, she gets ready quickly. She finished breakfast and already left the house. Worried to simply talk to him, she was looking for words on the way to Ed's house. Each step she took would slowly take her confidence. The more steps she made, it made the girl nervous. Before she knew it, she made it to the Elric residence that belongs to, of course, Edward and Alphonse.
Emari was a trembling mess. She wondered if Y/N was that tough to walk alone to a certain location. The feeling of something crawling on her back was making her situation worst. Emari finally makes her first knock, hoping nothing goes wrong.
(Time Skip to Ed)
Ed had just finished eating breakfast, and then hears a knock.
"Who could that be?" Ed whispered to himself. "Is it Y/N?"
Ed approaches the door, hoping Y/N was the one at the door. But once he opened the door, it was Emari. Her curly hair was covered with a white sailor cap and her glasses were changed into contacts. She had an outfit that consists of a white dress with a purple bow on the front and a purple bow on the back. Her dress had some deep slit up the middle, and she wore black thigh-high socks with dark brown knee-high boots. The appearance was completed with light blue wrist bands on both arms.
Her appearance looked like Y/N somehow, except Y/N wore a purple dress with white bows, and had no wrist bands. Her hat was different too. Ed's eyes lost its glimmer and he looked rather dead.
"Edward?" Emari called.
Ed flinched at the tone of voice. It sounded like Y/N. The sweet, H/C girl with E/C , Y/N. He responds with a "Yes?" and let's Emari in.
They sat silently without no words until Emari broke the silence.
"Why," she started, "why are you acting so different?"
Ed looks at her and replies, "Is it that noticeable? Or are you saying I'm crazy?"
Emari jumped at the last question. Ed grins at her and she stumbles against her words, "N-No..?"
Emari felt like banging her head against the wall for that stuttering. She should try to sound confident for the sake of Edward.
"You look a little like Y/N," Edward comments.
Emari blushed, "I don't intend to."
Emari notices the glimmer within Ed's eyes were gone, again. They seem sad, and miserable. Like Ed had no life within himself.
"Where's Al?" Emari asks.
Ed's head shot up, and his eyes were pale, and deadly. Then he smiles, "Oh, so you're looking for Al, no?"
Ed gets up and asks Emari to follow him. They walked into a dark room and there were two cells. Before she could look inside them, she met a stone to the head, making her vision blur to black.
"You could say I'm dead inside."
End of Chapter 6.
--------------------------------------------
Sorry for the short chapter! Also, sorry for the delay! I was so busy and I went on vacation, too. How boring to wait for the next chapter.
It really might be better if I work on the story with no suggestions. Besides, isn't it unBEARable to wait for anyone to post more (please kill me for the TEARable pun)?
Anyhow, I promise I will make the chapters longer. I don't intend it to be short, so please BEAR with me. Okay can you just kill me with the puns? Okay anyways, Ciao~