page 5

Pull out a pencil from my pencil pouch i am compelled to go down the stairs and touch the wall i don't know why this feeling is strong to do so. Yet i shrug it off as i flip through my sketch book to a blank empty page.  I lightly start sketching the top outer part of the ditch that sllowly turns into the wall that keeps us outside the tomb getting lost in the detail. Suddenly my art is covered in someone's shadow. I turn around and see that guy i met early. "What do you want"? I said staring at him with a hint of annoyance in my face. Well aren't you a perky one" he said. Looking at him i just kept thinking that he was gonna be Mr.Big shot and a jerky one at that. I assume your Howards daughter anyways i wanted to introduce myself since we might be working together a bit on this dig. My name is John. Nodding at him in agreement, "my name is layla and i am Howards niece not daughter.  I need to get back to work it was nice meeting you."  Turning my head back to my sketch i hear him stomp off in a huff saying a insult under his breath. Staring at my work i snicker he is full of pride and probably a bit over confident. Looking back at the tomb i am over come by sadness again and thats when i feel a single tear slide down my cheek. Wiping it away i try to focus when i see my uncle coming towards me with his pipe and a big grin. Quickly looking at my sketch i finish the outline of the rocks and wall so all is left is the shading. Hearing uncles foot steps i look up and smile at him handing my sketch to him for his approval. " Well i gota say layla your art is very precise and beautiful once you finish i will be taking it for record's, and i have even more good news tomorrow is when we open that wall". Standing up i let out a happy shout.