Page 2

I have the impulse to go find a mirror and look at my face but, i am not near one so i peak my head around a pillar and i see a high noble man finely dressed pleading to a statue of a Goddess. Instinctivley I ask what he is doing and he turns startled and then quickly bows. " My lady i was praying for a good day and for healing upon my beloved son." Nodding with what he said, " i have to ask you a very important question, Who am i"? i asked. Looking up with a bewildered face he reponds with "you are the very percious jewel of the Pharoah." "Meaning? what exactly" i respond. " You are his daughter he found you as a baby your family was murdered in the midst of battle so he took you in. As such you have no boundries." Walking over to him with a serious face and standing right infront of him i ask another question. " Where is the Pharoah right now?" Looking at my like i am very stupid or like i have hit my head he responds with "in the great hall at the palace like always." With this knowledge i quickly run out of the temple and start  looking for a way to the palace. Out of no where blackness starts to engulf me and i am caught in the middle of space. "Wake up", turning over and opening my eyes just a bit i see my uncle staring at me. "Time to get up hurry up or we won't get there till noon", smiling at me with a happy face my uncle goes and gets some food ready. Stretching and yawning i sit up and try to focus on the thought what just happened was yet just another dream. Getting up is such a hard task especialy if you have jet lag. swinging my legs over the side of the bed i stand up on the cold floor tiles that send a quick shiver up my spine from the cold but my feet quickly adjust to the floor tempture. Walking over to my suitcase i look for my outfit of the day. flinging shirt after shirt mixed with a few tanktops i find the top i want to wear. A beautiful tank top that is tan with studs on the collar and at the sleeves they go great with my sea green shorts and with the work boots my uncle got me. i smile at fact he gets me things that are needed and sometimes never needed.. As i finish putting on my clothes in the bathroom my uncle knocks on the door saying breakfast will get cold if i take forever. Laughing i open the door and say "ready" with a big grin.  "Well look at my explorer ready to find some treasures, But first go eat Layla". Jogging to the table i see my uncle still knows what i like to eat for breakfast bacon and sausage with an omlet stuffed with peppers and cheese drizzled with hotsauce on top. "Smells so good uncle." I start stuffing my face when my uncle walks over and pours me some coffee. "We have such a big day and don't be upset if we don't find alot today there is lots of dirt and sand that has to be brushed away before we begin". Nodding as he speaks i can't help but i am to eager to wait and be patient. After swallowing i ask him if i could look around the temples near by if there are any near Tut's tomb. Laughing my uncle says its miles away so i should just bring my sketch book or something to do while we wait for news. "Alright" i say quickly getting up and running to my suitcase and grabbing my sketch book and pencils i run back to the table, before i have a chance to set it down my uncle takes it from my hands and looks at the pictures i sketched. " These sketches look so real its like these portraits are of real people from back then, are you dreaming again ?" I give a quick nod. Hearing a chuckle escape his lips i know he won't say i am silly and that i need to stop, my uncle seems to be the only one who will not mock me about these faces i sketch sad thing is they are real people to me they are and i do not know what i should say to my uncle. Flipping through my uncle stops and smiles and turns the book around and says " i do love my pipe and i look good with it." "Thats from the taxi ride yesterday and yes your pipe suits you." "May i keep this sketch layla?" I nod "Of course you can." Looking at his watch "Speaking of taxi time to go." The worst thing about hotels is the elevators those things are so damn slow. Once the doors open i dart like a race horse out of the elevator and into the lobby to the the lobby doors and stand outside looking for a taxi. "Hey sport wait for me!" Laughing i apologize to my uncle. " i just can't wait i want to find history." Looking at the road for a taxi. My uncle points to a jeep "there thats our ride."

Rushing over i stand next to it, kinda nice looking for something we are gonna drive out to the desert in. "I thought we were going in a taxi?" Looking at me he says "this is our taxi, its better for going in the sandy desert than a regular car, plus i won't be driving our friend Muhammad is." Smiling i climb into the back seat and get my sketch book out and i start to sketech the man from my dream lastnight as well as Anubis the God of the dead but Osiris is the ultimate God of the after life.However i am mistified by Anubis, if i could every have a coversation with Anubis i would ask to see his human face. While i am off thinking this my hands had a mind of their own and drew those piercing green eyes for the man in my dream lastnight but the are slightly different there is a bit of dark blue mixed in them. My mind starts to go back to the man and his words why was he saying such things to me i can't save anyone, who is it that he wants me to save? I wonder what type of life that man lived and who he was in life. From the way he was dressed not wealthy but of good stature for sure. So many things surround Anubis i have so many questions to ask if he was real."Lyla are you lost in your thoughts again?" looking up and finally realizing my uncle was talking to me i say "what?" Seeing him nod and hearing him go mhmm gave me my answer, that he asked me something while i was off thinking in a daze. " We will be there soon layla so pack up your sketch book and get ready to work." Hearing his words puts me on the edge of my seat, i sense much will happen i can't wait." Will i be able to see any artifacts to day uncle?" Nodding he says "yes, you will also meet my friend Lord Carnarvon." My uncle told me alot about this man that he was nice and supportive with my uncles work they have worked on this project for years and since its my uncles last year doing this he let me come thats my thought anyway. I asked my uncle if he wasing doing well and he said the Lord Carnarvon was, which is good. Settling back and looking at the eyes i drew i can't help but want to see the real thing real eyes eyes looking back at me and telling me a story. Feeling the jeep stop i look up and see the cliffs and looks like there is a temple a few miles off.