sugamon

Pairing: sugamon
Genre: angst (sorta lmao)
Word count: 1482 words

requested by Musicluvs1226

"Kim namjoon why would you do that?"

With tears in his eyes, min yoongi stared at the figure of his bestfriend. Namjoon was right in front of him and he was holding a blade, a few cuts can be seen on his arm.

"hyung. You ignored me for the whole fucking year." Namjoon answered in a shaky voice, dropping the blade he was holding.

Long story to be short, yoongi was a person whom namjoon counted as his bestfriend, the first boy who namjoon loves so much. He wasn't romantically in love with yoongi but the connection was strong between them. With yoongi around, everything just seem prettier. Though yoongi was never a listener, namjoon never minded about it.

They were friends for almost 4 years now, the first and a half year went well, everything was amazing. They were with each other almost all the time. Every single moment they have with each other, they will spend it together. The second year, they started to be distanced. Maybe it was because yoongi was having an important exam at the year so he kept it quiet. The few seconds they spent together made namjoon happy enough, at least he's replying namjoon's text.

Third year went amazing, they spent time with each other just like the first year. namjoon thought that this would be forever but he was proven wrong just after a few months later.

Yoongi doesn't reply to his texts.
Yoongi kept his distance from namjoon.
Yoongi ignored namjoon everytime the younger greeted him.
Yoongi asked him to stop being too annoying.

The first 3 months was harsh, Namjoon had to spend the days with the thought of he was annoying.
Too annoying to the point his best friend started to hate him.
He had mental breakdowns too, during those moment all he wanted to know was why does yoongi wanted to avoid him?

After months, he finally got a respond from yoongi. But the respond weren't that pleasant.

'Im sorry to say this namjoon but you know why I avoided you right?'

Namjoon wasn't ready for the answer but he was curious.

'You're a bad influence to me and I'm having a major exam this year, i dont want you to affect my results'

Oh. No matter how sad he was at the moment, he toughen himself to say that it was fine. Acting as if those words doesn't affect him at all.

Today was June the 3rd. 6th months since yoongi ignored him and by chance, they collided at their college. they were having eye contact and it seems like yoongi wanted to say something to him but namjoon shook his head, thinking that he was just being delusional.

'yoongi hates you namjoon. better if you get out of his sight'

As much as he wanted to go and cling to the elder like how he always do, he can't. he can't disturb yoongi anymore.

The 9th month, it was yoongi himself who approached namjoon. as if nothing had happened in between them throughout the months. for the whole week, they're back to their old friendship.

Laughs, handholds, hugs and everything — those had just made namjoon's life better again.

By that time, namjoon realizes something. that his love towards yoongi was different, it was more than a friend. Half of him thought yoongi was feeling the same, he can totally see it and for sure, he can totally feel it. The way their smile spread on their faces at the sight of the other, the way yoongi would hug on namjoon's arm when they're passing by the younger's classmates.