sugamon - eyes on me

Title: eyes on me
Word count: 2777 words

an au! where Namjoon works in the record store across the street from a band supply store where Yoongi works.
— requested by XxSkiiyDeMakanexX

Namjoon's alarm went off as early as 8am. He's taking the morning shift today and he just couldn't get more excited for it — mainly because he will be getting his pay today. Finally! After a month of hardwork.

It doesn't take him long to reach the store as it was just a few stones away from his apartment. A 5 minutes walk to be exact.

He worked diligently, catching himself staring out of the window during his free time — looking through the window of a band supply shop opposite them. The hit n go. They called it Heathens though.

Thoughts of excitement overtook him.

Namjoon took out the catalogue he was keeping in his pocket, he had circled out a keyboard — a pretty well known brand,and it is currently on sale in the opposite shop. he will be getting his hands on it in just a few more hours!

His smile spread over his face, dimples prominent on the left side of his cheek while he was staring at the opposite store.

Then he realized something..
The guy who works at the Heathen's was staring at him all this while- shit. He quickly fixed his gaze away, his cheeks starting to turn red due to his embarrassment. he must've look so dumb just now.

"Namjoon."

He flinched at the sudden mention of his name. he turned his head towards the source of the voice. ah, it was his boss!

"Here's your pay. commission included. keep up your sales Joon" the guy smiled, handing him the money-filled envelope which he quickly kept in the pocket. His boss congratulated namjoon for being able to do such sales for his tiny shop before dismissing him.

The night shift will be taken by Jungkook today, the kid who is still in school hence why he only take night shifts during schooldays.

He packed his bag, moving the envelope into his sling bag before heading out of store.

To the Heathens we go!

He practically ran there, already feeling too excited to buy the new instrument.

"oh look who's here," one of the worker walks towards him, it was Hoseok. Someone he knew through his friends, they've been friends for awhile too. "You've gotten your pay huh?"

"yeap, is the keyboard still available?"

"Well... Someone wanted to buy it just now" Hoseok pouted. Namjoon expression changed, the smile turned into a frown.

"But of course I've saved it for you. calm down you big baby." Hoseok tugged him towards the corner of the store where the keyboard was placed.

"Hoseok! Jimin wants to meet you"

"Wait awhile aight? Have a date with the keyboard" Hoseok left namjoon alone and the taller boy sat down at the chair, plugging in the keyboard to a nearby plug.

He set up the keyboard to 01: grand piano. he pressed a key, already happy at the sound before placing both of his hands on the keys.

"how long have you been wanting to buy that?" a raspy yet soft voice could be heard which made namjoon flinch. his eyes whipping back to look at the source of the voice.