Chapter 11- Facing Granite Part 2

"Stop, come back Eli!" I was flustered, I hated to see him hurt. He needed treatment now, he was losing to much blood for just a bite. Eli tried to stand up, wobbled, and fell back down again. He didn't move. Granite was clearly shocked at Eli's condition too; this didn't normally happen. I ran into the arena and picked Eli up. I ran back and started rummaging through my bag, I knew I would have something somewhere. I found a charm for healing that Mum gave me which I wrapped around his neck, which gave hardly any improvement. Mum's charms don't work miracles immediately.

I needed something fast, otherwise I was at risk of Eli dying. Finally, I found a full heal in a pocket. I broke off the lid and tipped the golden liquid into his open mouth. Eli swallowed and the blood started to clot. I pressed my hands down on to the wound to help it scab over. Eli flopped onto the ground and groaned. He was still so small. Way too young to be hurt.

"Ivy, come out. Finish what Eli started!" I spat the words out like poison as the nimble Servine took to the floor. It was as if Ivy was dancing. She knew exactly what to do and with a quick leaf tornado the Rockruff was gone, fainted. She ran back and nudged my arm, as if she was saying do you want me to continue. Eli let out a small growl and stood up on shaking legs. He walked out to the center of the battle field and barred his teeth. He was still weak but he was willing to try again.

"No Ivy, let Eli deal with it," I whispered, "He's ready." I picked her up and prepared for Granite's next Pokémon. I didn't care that I was covered in blood. I just cared that Eli was so strong and so courageous. He didn't give up.

"Nosepass, get rid of this weakling!" I quivered with rage. It was as if he had not seen what had just happened to Eli. It was as if he didn't even care about what his Rockruff did. Eli was stronger than a hundred Rockruffs.

"Eli, Quick Attack again and again!" I shouted, and the small Eevee hit into Nosepass's metal body. He left small dents, but Nosepass just stood there and took it, not caring about Eli.

"Nosepass rock throw then rest to heal the damage!" Granite was not giving up. Nosepass threw the rock and Eli stared up at the sky as the rock came tantalizingly close. He darted out from under the rock at the last moment, just as Nosepass fell to sleep.

"Take advantage of Nosepass's nap and use Swift!" I giggled, this was a battle, not preschoolers nap time. Ivy cheered on Eli at every blow and I brought out Pearl to cheer Eli on as well. But all things come to an end and Nosepass woke up.

"Nosepass, double team!" Granite shouted and suddenly the battle field was filled with hundreds of Nosepasses.

"Eli quick attack each and every one!" I yelled and Eli dashed hitting the illusions until he knocked the breath out of the real Nosepass. It fell onto the ground and didn't get up. Granite dipped his head slightly and returned Nosepass.

"You defeated me against all odds Skye. Thank you for the battle." Granite pulled a badge out from somewhere I didn't see and held it out.

"This is the revamped Bolder Badge. I inherited from my father and improved it. My father was Brock, the original Pewter City gym leader. Here is TM 80, Rock Slide, A powerful rock type move. Maybe teach it to that weak Eevee, then it might stand a chance." He ended with a sneer that made my blood boil.

"As I recall it, my 'weak' Eevee beat your Nosepass and won this gym battle for me

"As I recall it, my 'weak' Eevee beat your Nosepass and won this gym battle for me. I don't care what else you have to say, I'm sick of that stupid sneer and bad attitude." And with that I walked down through the mazes and met Avie and Lola outside the gym.

"I'm sorry about Eli. This happens very rarely and it is devastating," Lola said, "He is weak and he can't take a hit. He will never be strong. I can take him back, if you want, and give you a better one." Eli, currently in my arms, whimpered and cuddled up into my chest. He thought I would give him away.

"I am not giving Eli up. He is unique and I love him." I held him close and stroked his silky fur.

"I was only joking!" Lola laughed, shoving into me playfully.

"Come on guys, let's go!" Avie grabbed my hand, "We've got a showcase to go to!"