T

"Uh, what note?" I say as if I never saw him put it under my pillow.
"Wait, you haven't found the note? Never mind, forget about it- its stupid anyway," I grab his hand before he can walk back into class.

"I know about the note. I wasn't sleeping, I just completely forgot to read it. I'm sorry. I promise I'll read it when I get home," I smile at Alec.
"Why were you pretending to–" I pull Alec by his arm, interrupting him half way through his sentence.

"Come, we're going to be late," I say in a hurry.
He laughs.
–––
It's 14:15 and the "going home" bell has just rang.

Jordan, Alec and I walk to the front of the school to wait for our parents. Alec can drive, but decided to let his father bring him today– since it is his first day here at North Ridge High School.

Jordan's mom arrives and she hugs us both goodbye. It's just Alec and I left.
"So how was your first–"
"Sorry, my dad's here," he gives me a hug in a rush.
"Remember to read the note," he shouts while running to the car.
"I won't forget," I whisper to myself.

–––

I get home, and hurry upstairs.
"Hello to you too Sis," Alfie shouts from the living room downstairs."

I look under my pillow and the note is not there.
Shit. Where is it?

I look under my bed and see the note lying under a can of deodorant. So, that's where my spray went.
Holy shit, my room is a mess.

I open the neatly folded letter, where it reads: " I would really like to see you again.
For once in time the sky is lit
I think I like you, Violet."

With that, he also added his phone number on the bottom-left corner of the page.

I honestly don't know what to say. Except that that was so— cheesy.

But also, really cute.

As I read the note over and over again, I couldn't stop smiling.
Like WHAT? He's hot and he's a poet?

"Hey, what's that?" Alfie walks into my room.
"Uh nothing," I hide the note in the pocket of my school skirt.

Alfie walks towards my desk and grabs a pack of bubblegum I bought this weekend.
"Ah triple berry, my favourite," Alfie states while claiming two pieces of bubblegum.
"Yes, Alfie. You may have some of my bubblegum. Thanks for asking," I say sarcastically as Alfie walks out of my room, looking way to pleased with himself.

I take the note out of my pocket and look at the number in the corner.
Should I phone him? Ah, maybe later.
–––

I better get changed before my dad comes home.
I have a bad habit of staying in my school clothes until at least 18:00.

Nothing irritates my dad more than me walking around the house in my school socks.

When I get out of the shower, I see that I have 3 new messages. One from Jordan and two from an unknown number.

Jordan, 15:13- "Hey Violet! You still haven't told me how you know the new guy, Alec. He's sooo cute!"

Unknown number, 15:16- "Hi, I hope you don't mind, but I got your number from Jordan."

Wait, who is this? Alec?

Unknown number, 15:17- "Oh and what did you think about the note?"

Yep, it's Alec.

I saved his number to my phone and texted him back: "The note made my day, thank you."

Alec, 15:24- " Want to meet up for coffee at 'The Coffee House'?
17:00.
My treat ;)"

"Sure, why not xo" I reply.

Shit, I probably can't wear slacks this time.