CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

"OUUCHHHHHHHH!" I screamed in aguish. "STOPPPPPP! PLEASE!" I begged.

"Just one more" the lady persisted.

"OUUUUCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"  This was probably the longest 15 minutes of my life. My whole body was all red and swollen.

"That wasn’t so bad, wasn’t it?"

What the?! How bout we change place and I wax your whole entire body all at once!! I bet you’d love it! I thought to myself… I’ve never been this sadistic in my life, but I couldn’t help it. They even woke me at 3 in the morning for this!

I let out a deep breathe, my whole body was numb.

"Is it done?" Kurt appeared from the back of the room. "OH! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!" he was eyeing my whole body.

"We waxed her whole body all at once so it would stop swelling all at the same time. And you said the whole shoot needs to be done just within a day so you’ll need all the time you can get."

"Well, are you okay?" Kurt asked me pityingly.

I just looked at him with my big-eyed terror face.

He smiled at my defeated look. "I think you need to rest for a while, you look like you’ve been eaten by the sun! And I bet you’re still sleepy"

I nodded then strode off to my room.

After I reached to my bed, I instantly cuddled myself under my super comfy sheets, then within a second, I found myself sleeping like a log.

"You’re very beautiful" Kurt said while rotating my chair to face the mirror. I couldn’t look.  

"I’m scared…" I bluntly answered, my eyes still closed. I’ve never actually saw what I really look like. What if I really was beautiful? Would they have remembered me? Would they have stopped and looked for me in the woods?

Is this really my issue?

I can’t hang on to the past. But what if everyone started to treat me differently if I really was beautiful? Could I handle the cruel truth?

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a blurry image of myself.

Shoot. I forgot my contacts.

Kurt handed me a pair of clear contact lenses."At least let them see your real eyes. I’m sure they won’t even recognize you, even without a wig…" Kurt smiled for assurance.

I grabbed the lenses from his hand then slowly removed the contacts from its case.

"Don’t let it touch your eye-makeup" He instructed.

I nodded, moving closer to the mirror as I was putting in the lenses. I could feel tears slowly building up in my eyes.

"NOO! Your makeup’s gonna be ruined!" He swiftly grabbed a bunch of tissue papers then cautiously patted my eyes.

"I’m good" I assured him.

In the mirror, I saw a completely different person standing in front of me. She was… well, beautiful. I knew it was me, I just couldn’t believe my eyes. He made my eyes look all sultry and European looking, and my face look contoured and well-sculpted while still looking young and fresh.

My hair was what caught my attention. I couldn’t believe it. He had actually successfully tamed my cruel hair. It’s as if it wasn’t my own. I loved it. I slowly lifted my hands and brushed my fingers against it. It was made into a very intricate updo with little braids twirling beside it. It felt soft, even with hairspray.