Handshake

The sky was full of different hues of orange, yellow, and coral with the sun slowly descending to make space for the moon. Petra and Lukas were both sitting at the place where the crystal-clear water from a tranquil creek met the sand. "So, what was that you were going to say to me that night a few weeks ago?" Petra asked curiously, looking over at Lukas. The question made him stiffen up a little before he finally replied, "Eh, it doesn't really matter right now" he replied shrugging. However, Petra knew him well enough to know that he never shrugs unless he's lying.

"You'd hate me for it" he said taking note of the look Petra was giving him.

"Lukas, you could say anything to me and I still wouldn't ever think of hating you" she replied and placed her hand on his reassuringly, to which he returned the gesture.

"There have been many instances where I have wanted to tell you this but it just wasn't the right time.. Because you know the Witherstorm, the Blazerods, Cassie, PAMA, Hadrian and Mevia..." he trailed off.

"Right now seemes like the right time" she stated.

There was a pause before he spoke again

"I know these three words are way too overused but... I love you"

              The moon had started to make its way into the sky. "It's getting late I think I should get going" Lukas said starting to walk off. Petra tugged at the sleeve of his jacket motioning him to sit back down, he sat down but was very confused. "Why did you--" he was cut off when Petra pressed her lips against his. "Did you really think I'd leave with just a handshake?" she asked smiling. "Probably not" Lukas replied jokingly, "Want me to walk you home?" He offered. "Well it's not like I really need someone to walk me home but okay" she replied. Even if she and Lukas were basically together now, she was still the same Petra from before.