Chapter 30

Harry's POV

A sound breaks us away from the kiss; I turn slightly to look back at a teary-eyed beauty. I think her name was Lane or something. Guilt washed over me, but it was because of not recalling her name. I didn't care that I kissed Rylie. She brought it on herself bringing us together. Another wave of guilt crashed down on me after I thought that.

"I was coming back to apologize for ruining our date and this is how you decide to treat me?" the girl mutters. She was causing a scene, and her finger lashed out to point at me. A couple nearby sent me daggers.

"I...," I try to begin, but Rylie steps out from behind me.

"I am sorry, Delaney. I kissed him. He was trying to get away," Rylie interjected; her brown eyes were glistening with fresh tears.

The girl-Delaney- turned her judgmental eyes on Rylie. With a soft sob, she stepped forward. "You did it again. Are you happy now? You took someone I wanted once again. You did that when I liked Hunter, and now it is happening again with Harry," she snaps.

Hunter was standing behind the archway, but I could clearly see him grinning with pride. What a dick.

Rylie's shoulders sagged as she listened to the accusations. I was on the verge of stepping in, but Rylie spoke up before I could.

"Delaney, I never meant to hurt you. That was never my intention okay?" she whispered. Her voice was barely audible, even though the room was now as quiet as a mouse.

Delaney crossed her arms and took another step toward Rylie. If she got any closer, I would dive in to keep her from attacking Rylie.

"Sure, I believe you. But you should have told me you had feelings for Harry before you slid your tongue down his throat. Slut," Delaney snaps. I took a quick step, diving Delaney from Rylie before it got out of hand.

I heard a gentle sob from Rylie, and I didn't want to ask what I was about to, but it was the only option. "Take her outside, Henry," I snap, nodding to Rylie. When the dickhead doesn't move, I cross my arms. "Go, now."

"Oh, you mean me? My name is Hunter," the bastard replied. I didn't care what his name was. I need Rylie out of here before she is hurt even more than she already was.

"Go," I order. I wasn't having people ignore me, not when Rylie's happiness was on the line.

I wait until they had disappeared out of the doors before I turn to the Lane chick, or was it Delilah? Oh, who cares.

"For starters you bitch, don't call Rylie a slut. If you knew the definition, you wouldn't even use it considering it means she sleeps around. Does she sleep around?" I snap, leaning down so I am in her face. "Second, I kissed her. Yeah, I kissed her. We dated. I'm sorry but I would never date someone who has there head stuck up her head stuck up her ass. You were so playing with Herman's emotions back there. That guy looked smitten. Then you want to come back and try me. I am sorry, but if anyone is a slut here...you are the closest one to it."

Before I could stop her, she slapped me across the face.

Rylie's POV

Hunter was tugging on my wrist, and it hurt like hell. I have told him to stop plenty of times, yet he doesn't say anything, or maybe I am the one who isn't speaking. I am too occupied sobbing.

As Hunter pulls me onto the bench outside of the restaurant, I curl up to his side. I don't object when his arm slides around my waist to pull me closer. His toned arms were comforting. It has been so long since we have even be in the same seat as each other.

A gentle hand was wiping the tears from my face. While I buried my head into my hands, I could feel hands tugging gently at my hair. This brought me back to about a year and a half ago. Hunter had done the same thing ever time I was upset. He had been my boulder, my soldier. I was the person on the side lines cheering him on, while he fought for my happiness.