Chapter Four

Continued from last chapter.

Chapter Four -
                       I Hate You

Hold me tight, let me go

In my heart, in my soul

Let em go, break me down

Hate me small, make me frown

Give me love, take it all away again

                        - Wale

D E M A R I E

    The kiss was still lingering on my lips. I hate August, but I want him and now he got me craving him. I blow out a frustrated breath.

Snatching open the door, August was still standing there, like he knew I was going to open the door back.

Sighing,"You got five minutes." I let him in, then limp to the couch.

He tried to sit down beside me, but I stop him.

"Uh-uh, you good. You're not gone be here that long to get that comfortable. "

He blew out a breath. "Chill." He still sat down, making me roll my eyes. "Look, I know what I did was foul, but you don't how I felt when that shit went down. Do you?" He asked.

Silence.

He continues,"Exactly. When you ran out of my house and wouldn't let me since explain, I felt like shit. You let that stupid ass broad come between us."

"You was messing with her when I was at the hospital with my daughter. All because her crazy ass!" I say.

"I didn't fuck that girl. She popped up at my crib, talking 'bout she wanna be with me and I told ha' that I knew who I wanted and it wasn't her. Then she said that shit 'bout Lay when you walked in." He stressed. "Then when you pulled off, I threw that fee' out my house and when I came after you...I saw your car flipped over. Mane you just don't how I felt. Ya' heard me?"

Even though I didn't say anything I was listening and what he was saying was getting to me.

Since I didn't say anything, he sighed continuing. "When I got to the hospital they told me you weren't there. In my head, I was wondering what the hell was going on. Then when I finally saw you..." He took a breath like he was about to cry. "Mane...that broke my damn heart and I haven't felt like that since I found out my brother got killed."

"I'm--" He cut me off.

"You wanted me to give you and explanation, so listen."

Well then.

"And I couldn't look at you laid up in that bed like that, knowing part of it was my fault. Guilt was eating my skinny ass alive, when I wasn't up there with you and you was supposed to be my shorty." August says, honestly.

"But you left something out...if you felt that way then why are you with 'her'?" I asked.

I had too.

"Forreal? I don't even know." He rubbed his face.

"Hmm."

"Ma, why you crying? Come here."

I shook my head.

He shook his head, pulling me into his lap. He wrapped his arms me. "Quit being like that."

"I h-hate you." I cried.

"Yeah, I know."

-----

How do y'all feel about this chapter?

Thoughts?

August?