Hard work pays off

Elaine knew when she picked Truth off the ground it was going to take hard work and dedication to raise him. So she set to work, as much as she loved the tent city she had to get a house for Truth. So she got a job, at a McDonalds. Minimum wage, but she got money and a free meal to feed Truth. After years of saving she finally got a small apartment. Eleaine and Truth loved it there, it was small and it had a community pool for Truth to learn to swim in. Elaine became the manager of the Mcdonalds, then moved to be a manger of the Macy's. Truth is seven, starting preschool and the sweetest little boy. He also frequently visits his aunt's and uncles residing in their old community. 
One day Truth was packing up boxes to move to a bigger apartment. He was very exited to have his own room. But he would miss snuggling up to his mom, even though she doesn't smell like French fries anymore.
Then a voice that had no real body whispered "Pssst Truth"
Truth smiled, he was getting lonely without his freind, his mom had called him imaginary because no one could see him. Truth agreed with her completley, no one could see him.
Getting excited Truth giggled and yelled "Hi Dragon!"
Dragon was not amused they had work to do and was not happy about sharing a body with a child.
"Truth" his voice seeping trough Truth's mind, Dragon sounds like his mom when he got into the cookie jar before dinner.
Truth put his head down pouting. He was getting scolded again. The sadness overwhelming him he hiccuped "sorry"
Truth hated when he disappointed anyone. The Dragon annoyingly intune with the toddlers emotion felt the sadness and immediately regretted his stern nature. Dragon tried again with a softer tone, his gruff voice completely mutilating the words, "Truth its fine, kiddo, but I need you do to something for me pretty please"
Truth giggled at that. Dragon sounded so funny! Truth tried to hide his amusement and attempted dragons normal tone, "That is quite alright, now what is it I can help you with"
The words barley left of his mouth before he dissolved into giggles.
"I need you to go into your mothers top drawer and get her work identification card" dragons scruff voice returned back to formality it was used to.
Truth frowned, little lines appearing under his sandy blond bangs, "That's bad" he murmmered.
Irritation seeping into his voice Dragon hissed "But it is for a good cause,"
Truth was not doing anything bad ever, he was not doing it. Dragon knew this but despretly needed to get into one of the back rooms at Macy's, to retrieve a map hidden in one of the boxes gathering dust. Packed away from the old antique that was once in that building. This map would lead him to the gem stone he seeked, then he could finally stop the darkness.