A seemingly normal morning

Elaine woke up as she did every day. Dressing in her satin pink blouse and black slacks. Brushing her hair to perfection before placing it in a uniform bun. Then letting in her best friend Michelle, whom she had met at the tent city. Michelle decided to follow Elaine out of there and now has a fortune under her belt, from hard work. But her billionaire boyfriend helps out to, especially after he insisted she quit her job. Michelle being board at home all day offered to baby sit Truth every day when Elaine refused to take any money from Michelle. That was when Truth ran in the living room in his Picachu pajamas. "Aunty Elle" his little voice filling the room.
"What's up truthy?" she called back "Did you grow yet?" repeating the question as she did every morning. His eyes light up as he retrieved the pencil from the counter and speed of to the door frame of his bedroom.
"Check Aunty Elle check" his mousy voice demanded,
Michelle gently took the pencil from his tiny pale hands and made a tiny mark on the frame. " Truthy you grew a centi- quarter of an inch!" she screeched lifting him up and spinning him around.
"Oh really, is that an exact mesurment" Elaine inquired raising a perfectly manicured eyebrow.
"As a Matter of fact, it is" Michelle shot back still spinning the toddler in circles. Truth giggled and screamed enjoying the morning ritual with his aunt. As he was set down he wobbled like a drunken salior over to his mommy and wrapped his little arms around her waist.
"Bye bye momma" Truth's sullen, quiet voice rang out.
"Bye baby" Elaine called back, clearing her throat.
Elaine walked out of the apartment into the bustling streets of New York. Hurrying her way to work, the CEO was coming today and she could not be late. Not that she ever was regardless. She jumped on the subway, sitting in the nearest seat and texted Michele checking on Truth.