Chapter 3

PLEASE READ!!!!!!

So, somehow my chapter 2 and 3 got switched and I don't know how to change it back so yeah..... Chapter two is the next chapter and then read this chapter or you will be confused. Thanks! Love you all!

-kirstin

"It's time to go son."

I looked over to see that Kale's dad had his hand on Kale's shoulder, not looking at him.

Kale stood up, grabbed my hand, and together we started to walk towards his house next door.

The truck was packed with only necessities. Their house still had all their belongings and pictures inside, but all their clothes were packed up.

"Sage?"

Wait, did he just say my whole name? I snickered to myself.

"What's so funny?" He asked, confusion in his voice.

"You said my name, you only do that when I'm in trouble." I explained.

He laughed and pulled me into a hug. We sat there in his driveway rocking back and forth embracing each other.

"How many time are you going to cry in one day?" He mumbled in my ear.

He was right I was crying, his shirt was probably soaked now.

Someone cleared their throats behind us.

We separated, but barely, Kale kept his arm around me. His parents were looking at us, my parents right behind them. Kale's mom gestured towards the car and his parents got in.

Kale looked at me and stared into my eyes.

"Sage, I think I'm in lo-" a loud honk interrupted him.

"Son, get in the car now!" He dad called, angry.

"Bye Sage." With one last lingering hug, he let go of me and got into the back seat of their car. The car made it's way down the driveway and then sped down the road.

I have no clue what caused me to do this, but I ran after their car. When they rounded the corner, I knew it was pointless.

He was gone.

I sank to the ground in the middle of the road, bawling my eyes out.

My best friend is gone.