Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Boy was I right.

As the last bell of the day rang, I was tired and exhausted. I could tell that Aaron was getting fed up with the pissy mood I was in, and I was glad when he dropped me off at my house.

My mom and dad wouldn't be home for a couple more hours, so I decided that I would lay on the couch and watch T.V. until they got home. As soon as I turned it on, I was out like a light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No!" I screamed. "Don't touch me! I'm fine! Help him! Help him! Help him!" No one was listening to me. I looked beside me. He wasn't moving and his face was covered in blood. His left arm was twisted at an awful angle and he was slumped over in an uncomfortable position. "He's not breathing! Do something!" I screeched, throwing my head back, away for the man that was reaching for me to try and get me out.

Then it all went black.

"Sage?" Someone was shaking me.

"NO!" I screamed.

"Sage! You're scaring me!"

"DON'T TOUCH ME! GET HIM INSTEAD!"

Someone was crying. "Quick! Go next door and get him. Tell him it's an emergency."

"Sage, stay with me. Don-"

I thrashed out, almost hitting who ever it was in the face. I could feel myself loosing control and I couldn't get it back. I felt it very hard to breath, like my lungs were about to collapse on top of themselves.

A door crashed open and someone was running up to me. They sat down next to me and put my head in their lap. They started running their fingers through my hair.

"S, I'm here it's okay." My body automatically calmed down. "Breath with me. Don't get too worked up." My breathing eventually got back to its regular pattern, but my brain was still on overdrive, I kept my eyes closed, knowing if I open them, it'll all be a dream and he's not really here.

"It's all my fault." I whimpered.

"No, S, stop that. You know it's not."

"If they would've just listened to me-"

"Sage! Don't listen to your brain. Listen to my voice. Please come back to me. Can you get her the Tylenol?" I heard him mutter to someone.

A couple minutes later, he was sitting me up and putting small tablets in my mouth, then a bottle of water to my lips. I drank it eagerly. After a few minutes the medicine seemed to work and my headache went away. That's when I fell asleep again.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I shifted under my covers, starting to wake up. It was so warm in my blanket though. I'd like to stay here forever. I sat up, opening my eyes, seeing that I was in my room.

Wait, how did I get here?

I looked next to me to see my phone on my pillow. I reached over and clicked the home button to see what time it was and saw that I had a missed call from Aaron, I should call him. Ten-fourty? Dang! It's late, I missed dinner! As if on cue, my stomach growled.

Someone laughed besides me. I yelled and flipped off the other side of the bed, hissing in pain as my spine hit the hard wood floor.

"S? Are you okay?"

"I told you not to call me that Aaron." I said, holding my back as I got off the floor.

"Who's Aaron? Are you cheating on me?" I looked over at the person in my room, getting ready to attack the intruder.

No way, I gasped. I thought it was a dream.

"Kale!"