22

Q: when does school end for you?

A: it ended June 15

-------------

~ Jack ~

I sat down on the couch with my plate of nachos switching on some Netflix. It was about lunch time and I was alone in the house at the moment. Marks mom was at work and Mark was over at bobs. He asked me to go but I wasn't in the mood to be around other people so I politely declined and told him to go have fun.

It's bobs birthday soon and I know he's gonna invite Mark to his party. And you'd think it'd be a fun time filled with joy and celebration with family and friends, and that's true but there's one thing I'm worried about...

What does everybody do at parties?

Drink.

Now, I know I'm not going near alcohol if I get invited but Mark will. And ya I could tell him to not drink but I don't want to ruin his fun, and besides, even if I tell him no drinking then his friends will most likely peer pressure him into doing it.

Maybe I just won't go, I'm not a party person anyway.

~ 3rd person ~

At that time, when Jack was deep in thought Mark came home.

"Hey J" he greeted.

"J?" Repeated Jack, voice laced with confusion.

"That's a new one" he added, mentally writing down the new nickname in his mind journal.

"Don't like it? How about 'my little chickamunk' ?" He cooed playfully, ruffling his hair.

"Ye know, I think I'm warming up to J" He replied, tapping his finger on his pale chin.

They both laughed as Mark joined him on the couch, they sat in silence for awhile just staring at the tv, until Mark decided to strike up conversation.

"Jack" he spoke softly.

"Hm?" He hummed in response, breaking eye contact away from the action movie he was watching.

"Why don't we go somewhere?" Mark suggested.

Jack didn't look too thrilled.

"Go where?" He tried to act somewhat happy but failed.

"I don't know, anywhere" Mark smiled.

"Why?" Asked Jack.

"Because you've been in the house for far too many days doing nothing, do you even remember what sunshine feels like?" He joked.

"Yes, sunshine has the same feeling as my blankets" said Jack, pulling his blue and black blanket over his head, shutting him out from Marks outside nonsense.

"Jack just because your blanket gives off heat doesn't mean it's the same as the sun" Mark retorted.

"It is if you have imagination" he mumbled back, voice muffled from the blanket covering his mouth.

Mark chuckled shaking his head, "c'mon J"

"No" he whined in return.

"Please"  the raven haired man pressed on.

"I'll stop paying for your precious Netflix, no more Shadowhunters for you" he pushed.

"I'll get your mom to beat your ass" retaliated Jack.

"Really? You used the mom card?" Mark cursed to himself because he knew Jack wasn't kidding.

"Your mom is ruthless" he admitted jokingly giggling.

"True" Mark laughed in unison.

They sat in more silence, thinking of what to say next.

"I'll make you a deal" Jack spoke up, looking rather serious.

"Okay, shoot" Mark replied, adjusting himself in his spot.

"You can take me wherever you want outdoors and I won't complain, but in return you have to promise me that you won't drink at Bobs party"

Mark now understood why Jack looked so serious and dropped the playful attitude. He knew Jacks history with alcohol and truly felt sorry for him when it'd get brought up. Mark did admit to Jack that he was planning on drinking a copious amounts of harsh liquid at his friends party and that he was at the same time gonna try not to get too hammered.

"Deal" Mark finalized.

Jack smiled and held out his hand to shake on it, but Mark didn't accept. "I have a better way to seal the deal" he smirked. Before he could question what he meant, Mark grabbed Jacks neck and pulled his lips towards his own until they had no space left between them. They broke apart as they looked into each other's eyes,

"Always gotta be cheesy huh?" Jack smiled.

"The cheesiest" Mark laughed, "you rather me stop?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nope" Jack shook his head, bringing him in for more.