27

A/n: this was quite a memory to re-live...

Sorry I keep forgetting to do the QOTD.

QOTD: Favourite show?
AOTD: Shadowhunters or Supernatural
-----------
~3rd person~

It was Thanksgiving and Mark couldn't be more thrilled to have Jack experience it with him and his family. After all, it was his first time being able to celebrate it.

Martha was busy in the kitchen prepping food for the big family dinner while Mark and Jack were putting things up around the house to pass time before the other guests arrived.

"Do we really need all of these?" Asked Jack, picking up one of many little turkey figurines from the box that was labeled 'Thanksgiving Decor'

"It's tradition, well, according to my mom that is" he chuckled, pulling out a fake autumn branch from the box and setting it on the fireplace.

Jack carelessly nodded. Before Mark could ask why he was curious, Martha came into the room smiling at all the beautiful decor they had set up.

"Oh this is gorgeous! Wonderful job boys!" She squealed clapping her hands.

"Mark dear, why don't you go hang this wreath I bought today on the door, hm?" Asked Martha handing it to him.

Mark nodded, grabbing the glittery gold, red, and brown wreath from his mother heading to the front door.

Once he was gone, Martha grabbed more things from the box and hung them around the living room while Jack did the same.

"Thank you dear" she said breaking the silence.

"For what?" He questioned furrowing his brow.

"For giving my son another chance" she turned and smiled at him.

"Oh..No problem" he replied, giving a fake smile.

"It's a wonderful night tonight isn't it? Putting up decorations, being with the ones you love, soon having delicious foods, no?" Said Martha, getting down from a step ladder dusting off her hands.

A frowning Jack was lost in thought, sitting on the arm of the couch looking down at a golden leaf ornament as if he had to study it before it was taken out of sight.

"Jack?" She repeated.

"Hm? Oh uh, ya..It's wonderful" he said, forcing another fake smile.

"Then why the long face?" She asked looking down through her glasses.

Before he could answer, Mark re-entered the room, the wreaths glitter covered him from head to toe. Martha and Jack looked at each other then back to Mark and laughed.

"Ya ya, laugh it up you two" he rolled his eyes dusting off the gold specks.

"Wow Mark, if people didn't think you were gay then, they will definitely believe you're gay now" Martha giggled at Jacks joke.

"Ha ha, very funny" said Mark sarcastically, approaching Jack and lightly gripping his waist.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door, Martha assumed they were guests finally arriving and went to greet them.

Mark leaned in for a kiss but Jack slowly pulled away, unclasping Marks hands from his waist. He wasn't in the mood for being lovey dovey.

"Your family is here...I should go meet them" he said awkwardly looking down at his hands then walking away.