The Case of the Praying Angel - 2

We were going to the Cerny mansion today . Luna had decided that it would be greater for us to stay there . The Cerny mansion was a huge mansion in a solitary island in the middle of lake Laka .The Cernys had their own private boat and private jetty . 

Eugene was their waiting for us at the jetty . The house seemed secluded from human habitation as the Cernys owned the whole of the small island . Eugene was a tall guy with extreme black hair and blue eyes . His half brother Vincent was much shorter and had black eyes . Both seemed a bit snobbish and had an habit of saying whatever they said in the way a person might give a discourse . Denise belied her profession completely . You expect a marine biologist to be serious and boring but she was a jumpy and bubbly young woman . She had coloured her hair blue apparently to match the sea , had soft brown eyes and was of normal height . Alfreda happened to be the biggest show-off in the group . She had brown hair , green eyes and was VERY short and was always acting like she was the wisest person on the planet and constantly kept saying," What has this country come to ? Nobody knows how to appreciate art without stealing it ."

Everybody seemed good and innocent but they could be thieves . The fact that Vincent has the statue was probably known by only the people in the room apart from some close relations of Vincent . Therefore we had reason to believe the thief was one among the people already in the room.

But a tragedy occured that night which changed our perspective on the case absolutely .We woke up to find the statue stolen and Denise dead . She lay face down on the floor of the statue room . She had been butchered to death by an axe originally meant for chopping firewood. We had been feeling extremely drowsy when we woke up . It could mean only one thing - we had been given sleeping pills .