Case of the praying angel 5

Seriously ? We had really not seen the statue even once and I always supposed the case centred around the statue .this was what I told Luna. Luna replied, " why exactly do you say the statue is not at the centre anymore ? "

Why I asked .Naturally I would since we had really not known its existence properly . 

"Well, this gives me a new idea . What if I say the murderer just wants to kill everyone on this island so that he may 'steal' and export the statue .After all it will be quite problematic if there were so many people in the house . One of them would surely suspect our prospective thief ." 

But of course that is not the case I said . The only people alive now are Vincent and Eugene. And if the statue was to be stolen surely the owners of it won't steal it .

"Well , technically none of them own it " 

It was time for me to gape at Luna like an idiot . I could understand Eugene not owning it since he was the half brother but why not Vincent ?

" simply because the statue is legally owned by Vincent's grand aunt . we old friends all knew about it . "

And who is this old woman ?

" a pleasant old pet who prefers to live in the the south of France for the majority of the year "

I was quite confused at this point .It seemed quite incredible that either Vincent or Eugene was the killer but of course the great Luna had said it . It would have to be true . " we will have to talk to the both of them . they have left 0 clues at the sites . perhaps a unwary sentence would be the key " 

I agreed and followed Luna towards the garden where Eugene was gardening.  It felt like going to the lion's lair . 

Eugene gave no sign of guilt as we approached him . he simply looked up and smiled . the sunny smile under the wide brimmed hat was quite a nice thing to look at . it made him look quite handsome yet frail as if he was under immense strain . Luna smiled brightly too . it was the knowing  smile of a old friend . in it there was the sadness that came with having to make one's friend confess his crime .