Case of the Praying Angel 3

It had started to rain very heavily that day . We some how managed to bury Denise but there was no way someone would be able to go by boat to the mainland to call the police . We tried calling the police but the telephone line appeared to be cut . Neither was there any network on the island . We had lost all contact with the outside world .

Luna appeared to be in deep thought . Alfreda seemed as if she would die of fright .  Every little word some body said made her think that the person was the murderer . I felt so extremely sad . Not only was Denise dead , I realised other people were going to die soon. But at least I hadn't feared a danger to Luna's life . Now I was about to know how wrong I was . That night a sudden sound woke me up . It was as if somebody was struggling to breath . I jumped  out of bed and went to call Luna in the next room thinking that we could catch the murderer red handed . A horrific sight met my eyes in the next room. Luna was using the last of her strength to tear off the killer from herself who had tightened a string around her neck and was strangling her to death - fast . Suddenly Luna did something which really amazed me .She stopped trying to make the man leave the string but instead took her own hands to the neck of the killer and simply pressed the sides of his neck . Instantly the hands of the murderer fell limp and released the string . It took the murderer a second to recover and he ran at full speed out of the room and into the corridor . I was too shocked and Luna was too weak to chase him. He ran away in front of my eyes . I ran to Luna . She was extremely pale and I helped her into  the nearest chair . Minutes later a shot was heard . We found Alfreda dead the next morning in her room .

She had been shot in the chest and had thankfully died in her sleep . It seemed that the murderer had planned to kill someone definitely that night . If not Luna then it would just have to be someone else ................................