Chapter Seven

August Alsina,

So I'm sitting in this wack ass class with these wack ass people.

"Why you look so mad?" Rayne asked taking her seat.

I actually beat her to class today. A nigga was shocked but I guess even the nerds have bad mornings.

"You was up late?" I asked looking at the bags under her eyes.

"The power went out last night." She said rubbing her eyes.

"Oh yeah, somebody hit the power line. I believe Teke said it was a drunk driver."

"Yeah and my night lights went out and then I couldn't find the lighter to light the candles." She said while pouting.

"Damn baybeh." I said as she laid her head down.

My baby just look so tired, her ass probably ain't go to sleep until the sun came up.

"August." Some girl called out causing me to turn around and Rayne to sit up.

"What?" I asked the girl who called me.

"You never hit me up." She said.

"What?"

"I told Teke to tell you to hit me up."

"Oh I didn't tell him because as you can see his interest is in someone else. Y'all girls just don't know when to stop."

"As you all know y'all have an exam today. I don't care if you did not study. Don't move around this is not high school." Mr.Wilson said turning the projector on.

The test popped up and he just looked at us.

"Use your own paper." He said before taking his seat.

I looked over at Rayne as she pulled out some paper.

"Let me get a sheet." I whispered to her.

She passed me a few sheets and a pen. She know me too well because I ain't have none of this shit. Once I finished the test, Rayne took it to Mr.Wilson for me and we just waited for everyone else to finish. See this why Mr. Wilson the coolest professor here. His ass don't be treating niggas how the others be. He ain't gone time you on every little thing. He understands that most of us come from humble beginnings and still working hard to put ourselves through this shit. So niggas be tired and busy.

"Two weeks." Rayne said looking at me while her head laid in her folded arms.

"Two weeks until?" I asked looking at her confused.

"Oh well if you forgot nevermind."

"I thought you wasn't excited for our date." I said in a teasing tone.

"I said I would get excited when it became for sure known that you are going to make the deadline." She said before tucking her face away.

While she took her nap. I turned around because it just left like some lame nigga was hovering over me. And I was right because Drew ass was damn near ready to be sitting beside us. For him to not like Rayne and think she sloppy and nasty, he real pressed about everything I do dealing with her. Shit he pressed about her anyways, one day he was looking at her so damn hard he walked into a tree. I know that because my eyes was glued on her too until her ass turned and I was met with his ass. That shit made me run into a damn door. Once he noticed me looking at him he went back to his test and I decided to test out just how big this crush is that he got on my lady.

I placed my hand on her lower back and rubbed small circles on that one spot. While leaning down on the table just like her and started kissing on her neck. When she moved her face to face me, I started kissing her cheek making my way to her lips until I heard him huffing.  I stopped and kissed her neck once more and watched her nose twitch before leaving her alone.

"You a dirty nigga." Teke said as him and Dre chuckled to their selves.

"Ion know what y'all talkin' 'bout." I said looking at Rayne as she slept.

"That nigga real mad." Dre said as Drew walked passed us looking salty as a bitch.

I just laughed as he walked out the whole class.

"I don't care. He ain't check me." I said looking at them before looking back at Rayne.

"That's all you August, huh?" Dre asked while laughing.

"You know this." I said laughing. "All me, she'ion even know it yet but that's okay."

"I was about to say, do Rayne know that." Teke said causing me to side eye him.

"Shut the fuck up."

"Y'all dating?" Mr. Wilson asked handing our row back their test.

"Basically." I said grabbing my test.

"About damn time. Damn shame I had to pair y'all for you to talk to her. Y'all cats just be acting like you wasn't born with balls." He said walking off.

"Even the professor caught it." Dre said.

I don't even get what he talking about. I mean I did say Rayne was cute when I seen her, her freshman year but other then that I won't crushing over her like on some fangirl shit.

"How I get a 90% and he got 97%?" Rayne asked with my paper in her hand along with her own.

"It's okay Rayne." Mr. Wilson said but from Rayne face, it was not okay.

"It's not okay. I have a 90%. I never got a 90% in your class." She said looking between our papers. "He's in on it?" She asked looking at me.

"In on what?" Professor Wilson asked.

"Aug has to get a 90 in all his classes before winter break for Rayne to go on a date with him." Teke said as Rayne packed all her things up.

"This just isn't right." She said walking out the class.

"Class dismissed." Mr. Wilson said causing the rest of us to just leave out of class.

"Y'all tryna chill?" Dre asked.

"Nah I gotta get to class. Can't be fucking up two weeks before the date." I said heading to my class.

On my way there I see Rayne standing off in the corner on her phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked her while grabbing her by the hips.

"My class was cancelled. Now I have nothing to do for an hour and some change. I should just go home and do the rest of my classes online later on. I'm tired and irritated."

"What me to come over after I leave class?"

"Yeah. I'll leave the door open for you." She said before walking out my grip.

I watched her walk off until I couldn't see her anymore and then rushed to my next class.

"Aye August." Drew said as soon as I got to the door of my next class.

"What?"

"You with her now? I thought you ain't like big bitches?"

"She ain't a bitch, so don't disrespect her like that. And why all y'all worried and stressing shit that ain't dealing with you?" I said before walking in my class.

I really don't got time for these lame ass, wack ass, childish ass, immature ass niggas. Hell, I got to make sure these grades look good so I can get this fucking date. Rayne childish ass will probably turn me down behind a fucking 89 or some shit. So ion got time to play with these lame ass people. A nigga gotta get his grades straight.