Chapter Twenty

August Alsina,

As usual me and Teke met Rayne at her apartment and then met Dre at Wilson's door before going to our usual seats. Well Rayne usual seat we just made some other people move from around her so we could sit there too.

"What's wrong Rayne?" Teke asked just to be funny.

He know damn I popped up at her place at like 4:56 this morning and piped her down. She also kicked me out cause she got mad that I woke her before alarm did but shit at least was she up and pleased.

"Don't talk to me." She said while rolling her eyes.

As we all sat down the rest of the class started flowing in. Well everybody expect Wilson. His ass unlock the door and then go get some coffee and buy a crossword puzzle just cause he can.

"You seem a little upset."

"You seem to keep talk to me." She said while laying her head on my shoulder.

"Stop being mean." I said to her while rubbing her side.

"Still together?" One of these childish ass kids said. "Thought that would have been over once she let you fuck."

"Y'all really love talking shit. How the hell y'all passing ya classes when you always on somebody dick. I mean it's a whole university to explore but y'all stuck on Rayne and what Rayne doing and who going in Rayne. Damn what are y'all her fan base? Shit if so somebody need to start paying her for having y'all. So which one of y'all paying up?" I asked turning around waiting for one of them to start handing the money.

"Was just joking, damn Aug."

"Not my friend so don't call me Aug."

"Her pussy can't be that good for you to just pop off like this. I mean damn she can't even ride you without killing you."

"Nah she rode last night and I ain't a ghost." I said as soon as Wilson walked into the class.

"I don't even want to know. But look my kids spilled some juice on my lesson plan. Y'all come up with something."

He really don't care at this point

"What you want for dinner tonight?" Rayne asked looking in her bag.

"Don't matter baby."

"Okay I'll order Chinese then. Text me your order so I can go ahead and call it in and pick it up by the time your last class is over." She said while pulling out her laptop.

"What you doing?" I asked as she pulled her notebooks out as well.

"Studying for next week midterm."

"Oh shit I forgot about that." I said while moving closer to her along with Teke and Dre.

"So glad we friends with somebody smart." Teke said.

"Dre smart." Rayne said causing Dre to shoot her a look. "His GPA is..."

"Shut up." He said cutting her off.

"Rude." She said while looking at him like she really hurt but his words.

"Oh you full of shit." Teke said.

For the rest of the class we studied for this midterm and I had to check a few more people before Rayne non-filtered ass spoke. Once class was over I kissed Rayne and dapped Dre and Teke before making my way to my next class. While walking to my class I was stopped by Drew like he really on some shit.

"Can I help you?" I asked while standing at the door of my class. "We not about to make this a thing." I added.

"You really fucked Rayne?" He asked sounding a little hurt.

"That's your business?" I asked looking at this clown like he is a clown.

"So you did." He huffed like his heart broke from that shit.

"Ion get you. You had the chance to get with her from the simple fact you grew up with her. But because some kids picked on you for her leaving you at the dance you decided to make her life hell. Maybe you would have got her had you not been an asshole to her."

"Ion want her."

"So why you so concern with her? Ya ass confused and I ain't got time for it but stay the fuck away from my lady." I said before walking into the classroom.

After a couple more classes I made my way to Rayne's place.

"What I owe you?" I asked her as I took my jacket and hoodie off.

"Nothing." She said while making our plates.

"For real Rayne." I said while taking my bucket hat off alone with my shades.

The sun won't fuckin' with niggas this morning and I was high so shades was a must.

"You gone get enough of smoking weed before school. How do you plan to properly function if you high?" She asked while pulling her chair out to sit down.

"Don't know. I'm slow down on smoking."

"Who do you smoke so much?" She asked as I sat down.

"Easy the mind."

"What are you easing from your mind early in the morning?"

"Life."

"As in?"

"All the bad shit I been through. Gotta have something to make the memories go away."

"You know why they keep coming back?" She asked in a tone as if she has the answer.

"Why?"

"Because weed is temporary. Drugs give you a temporary feeling of relief and happiness. So when the drugs wear off the pain and darkness is still there. Only way to get rid of that is to face it head on. You gotta fight your own demons. Drugs just make you forget you have them for a few hours."

"You right."

"So in the end you only hurting your body while still be hunted by your demons daily."

"Weed healthy though. Comes from earth."

"So do toxic people but they still toxic. Plus weed comes from earth yes that is true but the chemicals they put on it to give you the effect that it does, comes from a lab."

"You got a point."

"Yeah and they say modern marijuana has fungi, pesticides, and heavy medal in it. Plus it lowers your sperm count."

"Rayne."

"What? I'm just informing you baby. I believe you should know what you are putting in your body and inhaling. I want what's best for you."

"Uh huh. So what's best for me is just ruining my happy shit until I'm ready to get my shit together?"

"All the same yes." She said giving me a smile before going back to her food.

"You something fucking else."

"And you love it."

"You might be right."