Chapter Twenty-six

August Alsina,

With all the shit happening with Rayne, I forgot my ass a senior and ready to graduate. I haven't done shit honestly. I mean I been going to class but I haven't filled out any applications for Grad school yet.

On a positive note, my people went back home so now a nigga can have his privacy back. But then on a wild note, a nigga gotta see that B.A.N everyday. Can't really do shit right now. Campus been hot as hell and a nigga plans gone get him locked up if I do it now. He better be glad I'm patient and we ain't in Nola.

"Aug, what you gone do?" Teke asked me as we sat down in the living room.

Rayne trying to catch up on all her classes. So she her ass just been in the library.

"I'm go to Grad school. Might as well hit this half a year to two years for my masters degree. I'm look for another apartment. Ain't no point in me staying close to this damn campus. This was a just for this college shit."

"What about RayRay?"

"I mean I'm ask her if she tryna move in with me. At some point. Like when I have the shit together and planned. Ion wanna bring it to her and then I ain't got shit right. I'm trying have my next place be the place I'm at until I buy my damn forever home."

"I feel you. But where you seen ya relationship with Rayne going? I know you, commitment doesn't bother you. But Rayne ain't one of ya little jawns that ain't the marrying type but just the nut and quit type. She a wife and you know that."

"I wanna marry her. I want a family with her. I never felt this way about a female so fast in my life. Shit crazy, with her I'm a different man. Old Aug, would have dipped when he found out she was a virgin. Shit, I cried over her mane. She gone be my wife. I don't wanna scare her away. If it was just up to me, she would be my wife right now. I ain't never see myself getting married before. I seen myself wildin' for a few more years and then settling down when I hit my 30s or some shit. Now my ass over here like; how do I get her ring size, do she want a big ass wedding, am I going to cry watching her walk down the aisle?"

"Damn Yung, she got you gone."

"Tell me about it."

~~~

Rayne White,

I picked up all my books and my placed them in my book bag. I sent August a text about five minutes ago letting him know that I was ready, so at this point I am just waiting on him to get here. Since, everything happened I'm kind of in a 'August Lockdown' well that's what I call it. He hardly lets me out of his sight and I honestly haven't even been back to my apartment since I got out the hospital. August grabbed mostly all my clothes out my apartment and talked to the leasing apartment about cutting my lease. I don't mind honestly, I like to normally be on my own but I don't want to be alone and no there. Plus, I like being around August he gets me and it doesn't always have to be conversation.

"You ready young lady? Got all that work done?" August asked sitting across from me.

"Yes. I don't like being behind. This too much. I'm tired of all this shit." I said standing up.

"I bet baby but it's gone be okay. You gone get back on ya shit and you gone be good."

"Yeah, you may be right. But this point, I'm like 'do I need a college degree' so this all up in the air."

"Stop fucking playing. If I ain't drop out. Your smart ass ain't about to drop the fuck out."

"Aug, you smart and need to stop trying play yourself like that." I said as we walked out the library.