Chapter 1

Hi guys, just to let you know first. I'm a little bit inexperienced and 14 but I promise the story get's better when you keep on reading ;) please do read more.

Chapter 1- Dacel's POV

I stood behind the massive school gates that dwarfed the fancy steel fences boxing dozens of hectares of the huge school ground in. Our school looked like an old century castle modernized to suit this century. The castle clearly looked old but it was in perfect shape with the newly fresh eggshell paint and glass tinted windows. It also had a tall clock tower in between.

I took out my school I.D card and swiped it in the scanning machine which gave two beeping sounds while flashing green lights, signalling for me to enter as the huge gates synchronized open. Well, they weren't lying about the high security breach the school has.

I entered through the two massively detailed gates and fancied the scenery of the beautiful display of the flowers and shrugs all lined up to the sides of the entryway. On the left and on the right, there detached two large Greek fountains aligned to each other. And not to mention the enormous front garden rooted with newly trimmed Bermuda grasses.

As I reached the front of our school, there lays a 50 meter Koi pond, and in the middle detached a statue of our school principal, whose name I couldn't recall.

It is my first day of school and unlike any other people would normally feel, I wasn't nervous at all. I was pretty much used to the idea of transferring schools, so why should this one make me feel any different? And no, I'm not alone. My childhood friend, Marie, is studying here for the past 3 years now. And there she was, right on cue. She waved her hand rapidly through the air like how a person should be calling a taxi in the city of rush.

She ran directly to me and crushed my soft chest as she gave me a welcoming hug. Overjoyed as she was, she squeezed us both firmly and twisted us both left and right, trailing off the scent of her perfume in the air.

"Dacel!!! Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're finally here! Ooooh! This is gonna be so great!"She squealed in overexcitement making the tablet in my bag jiggle with the other things inside.

"Yeah, I miss you too."I cowered from her high pitched squeals and her cheerful jumps.

"OMG, look at you! You look even prettier the last time I saw you."She eyed me from top to bottom in astonishment.

"Well I never even recall that I was pretty."I said in disbelief.

"Oh shush, you really are. So, what class are you in?"She questioned me as if she were my guide around the school.

"I haven't checked yet." I replied, seeming through the fact that I just got here and haven't gone through the lists yet.

"Oh well then let me."She chirped blissfully as she offered for to carry my things for me. She led us into the school building- or castle. We entered this huge lobby covered with a red carpet. The area was illuminated by a warm light and compressed with the cool breeze of the a/c.

"I need your I.D card for a bit dear."Marie requested as she laid out her brightest and politest smile she could display as she held out her hand, waiting for me to give it to her.

"Thanks. Now you sit over there while I check which class you are in."She said, pointing out to the creamy white sofas neatly arranged before the counter table.

"No thanks, I'll just come with you." I insisted.

"Alright then, if you insist."She just shrugged her shoulders playfully and wrapped her arms around mine as she pulls us to the counter.