Chapter 13

Hi guys! Kathleen here, I'd like to dedicate this chapter to DreamGirl_9 and secondtothelastgirl. Thanks for the nice comments. Thanks also to those who added my story to their reading list/libraries, commenting, messaging me, and voting. I know who you guys are, so thanks a lot.

Oh and... sorry for only giving titles to these chapters xD I just felt like adding 'em. Enjoy!

Chapter 13

Dacel's POV

It's been 7 minutes and 49 seconds since he stole another hug from me. And yes, I have been counting this whole time. Suddenly I just realized his head lowered to touch my neck, uh oh, he just fainted. Good one -_- Although I heard him whisper into my ears the word 'crybaby'. So, he still does remember that.

I had to carry him all the way back to his room, and to tell you it's not easy to carry a man who's quite taller than you and who smelled like perfume. Two things I hate: Men and perfume. But well, I certainly don't hate Damon. Finally I got him back to his bed and fluffed the pillows before I lay his head on them. There, I watched him peacefully asleep. The nurse left the tray of snacks on the bedside table and finally left. I grabbed a seat and sat close to Damon's side. I did nothing else but loose myself in my thoughts. The smell of the hospital was too familiar. I was back here again. And I didn't like it. The last time I was in a hospital like this was when Damon and I- well, you know the rest.

I just stared at Damon's beautiful features. He certainly looks manlier now. He still had that signature frown of his. A smile lit up on my face from the sight of him. He does have a lot of changes. He's taller now, his hair was dyed into brown, and he's a lot heavier than I remember. I'm still mad at him though. My heart felt heavier from the memory of December 25, 2005. My smile slowly turned the other way around. I bent over to his bed and crossed my arms whilst I dug my head into the space between it. I shouldn't bother about the past. I shouldn't let it get to me.

Later my eyelids were feeling heavy too, so I fell right into sleep.

----------

I woke up to find Damon giving me one deadly glare. His eyes were bloodshot and it wasn't a pretty sight. Funny how he was so clingy a while ago and now one of those mobs in a zombie game carrying a hatchet or something like that. He looked all grumpy and growled faintly.

"What?"giving him the questioning look as if I did something wrong.

"Your loud snore kept me up all afternoon."

Usually I would have argued with him like when we were kids, but I just gave him an apologetic look instead. I grabbed the trey of food and especially the flowers and Dr. Pepper I bought. I brought them over to his bed.

"Here, looks like you need it."

Suddenly the end of his lips curved up into a small smirk.

"What?"

"Why so flustered? If it wasn't obvious enough, my arm is broken! I can't eat these."

"So? Use your other hand."

"I'm right handed, not left."He gave me a senseless comeback.

"So? What do you want me to do about it?"

He folded his arms crossed together and then sneered at me.

"Feed me."

"What your a man-baby now?"I provoked him.

"Well fine, it's your choice to leave the man who just saved your life starve to death."

Ohhhhkay? That made me remorseful. I was clearly debating if whether I should feed the 'child' or just leave him to rott. Well I like option two better.