Chapter 2

Here it is! Chapter two! Hope you enjoyed the first one and please enjoy this next one as well! :)

“By the way, how did you get up here newbie? Or more importantly, were you lost?”He asked bluntly.

This is my first meeting with him and yet he could casually accuse me of being lost. How rude.

“Well, judging by the lack of speech, I guess you were lost.” He turned his back on me and waved his hand, gesturing me to follow him.

“Uhh- I’m sorry, what?”I asked oblivious to where he wanted me to follow.

“I’ll walk you back to your classroom.”He said as he walk past me and to the door.

After I stare off his beautiful strong and broad back, I rejected the offer for I don’t need anyone to look after me. I’m 15 for Pete’s sake! 

I can't believe this is the guy who Marie had a crush on since elementary. She and I were childhood friends before I moved abroad. Even so, we still communicate with each other and she tells stories about how her day goes and what not. She told me everything, updating me with her everyday life in Rosewell Academy. She's been begging me to come back to the Philippines and go and see the school for myself, and meet the guy of her dreams. But now I have, I think he's someone I need to keep a keen eye for. Although, I could sense a familiarity from him.

“Uhm, no need to. I’m not lost. I told you, I just wanted to get a view of the place.”Convincing him of his false accusation about me getting lost.

“Won’t you at least want a company all the way down?”He cocked his head to the side.

“I’m fine by my own.”I gave him a stern look.

“Suite yourself. Oh and uh, good luck making your way down there.”He pointed at the quadrangle where students were lining up for the morning assembly. I finally took off past him, rushing my way down the tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its 7:45 and classes starts at 8:00. I chose to sit at the back most part of the classroom by the window side while Marie claimed her spot next to that empty seat in the 3rd row. Obviously she was reserving the seat for someone, which I’m guessing is for that Damon dude. Classes are about to start in a few minutes and the seats are all taken except for two; one reserved by Marie and one next to me.

I arranged my things and settled in. I took a glance of the outside view from the window and I was really enjoying the peace and quiet from the room until it broke once the girls squealed.

I actually found out why they were screaming. This guy just entered our classroom who seemed like that guy on the rooftop earlier; with his left hand in his pocket and the right hand resting on his shoulder holding his hand bag. No doubt this guy was Damon. Well, now that I notice, I can see why all the girls call him the king of all hotties. He had this muscular body, coffee brown hair, deep sea blue eyes, and well detailed chin. Okay, he is not ugly but he’s not that hot either, well to me he isn’t. I wasn’t mesmerized by his looks so I just turned away and stared outside the window again.

He arrived at the 3rd row being invited by Marie to take the empty seat next to her, but declines her offer and went to the empty seat beside me instead. I know because Marie looked totally shocked and disappointed that he didn’t take the seat next to her. So the last available seat was taken by James Von, the school’s weirdest and creepiest nerd. Well at least that was Marie’s narrative.

So to start the day, we did introductions, some activities and other stuffs like that. We introduced ourselves according to the seating arrangement. So we started from the 1st row down to the last.

And now it was my turn. I walked up to the front keeping my head down but staying as calm as ever. Once I stepped up the platform, I looked up, and begin my introduction.

It wasn’t that hard or nerve wrecking to introduce yourself to complete strangers in the room all eyeing at you. I just made my introduction real brief and concise. That was easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

*bell rings

And there goes the bell, signaling the end of the school day. I got up from my seat and packed my things.

  Looks like Marie couldn’t get over of what happened this morning as to why Damon didn't take her friendly offer. 

She was with me for a few minutes and then she pushed her way to Damon’s seat. Apparently all the girls were swarming over him, making no exit possible. I couldn’t even see him anymore. But I didn’t care so I took off. I took a stroll around the school building and happen to find a music room.

I went in and saw lots of instruments, song sheets and stuffs. To my amusement, I found a violin perfectly lying on its case. It looked so old but that didn’t bother me. The older the violin, the better sound it produces anyway. I took It out of its case and started playing it.

A few minutes later, someone entered the room. It was Mr. Norman, our music teacher. He was delighted by the wonderful music I created from the violin.

“You have a talent Ms. Pierce. No one has ever played that violin for 9 years. No one knew how. That was a lovely sound you produced there.”He said in a delightful tone. “I have been searching a violin instrumentalist for years but none have ever come by to ever use that violin. I was about to give up, but then I heard you play it. It was wonderful! You really do have a talent. It would be such a waste not to show it. Would you like to join our music club Ms. Pierce? We would certainly need your talent here.”He offered.

I wanted to take the offer, but I just asked for some more time ‘til my final decision.

“Thank you sir, but I’ll need to think about it.”

Damon’s POV''

Here I am, being crowded by a bunch of desperate girls again. It’s the first day of school and do I really have to put up to this shit? I really don’t want to be bothered by any of these girls anymore. I didn’t entertain any of their stupid dirty questions and head my way out. Apparently these girls are very desperate. They still chased me on my way out. Good thing I was too quick and smart for them that they lost track of me. I seriously don’t want to put up with this every day.

Damn my good looks!

I heard a dulcet sound. I don’t know why but I wanted to hear more, I was compelled to follow it. Obviously it was from the music room. It became clearer when I got closer and more beautiful as I was outside the music room. The song was sad, but it was still beautiful and compelling. I could make out a shadow of the person behind the melodic sound of the violin, it was a girl. I noticed a second shadow that was Mr. Norman’s for sure.

He asked her to join the music club and as she responded, her beautiful, gentle and soft voice sounded familiar to me. Its at the tip of my tongue yet I couldn't make out the person behind that irresistible voice.

Mr. Norman came out and that’s when I decided I go in. I couldn't make out who she was, or her identity since all I see is her back. I just stand there whilst she resumed playing that depressing song of hers when she finally noticed me. 

All she did was give me a blank and expressionless face and stopped playing the violin. She turned her back again and revert the violin from it's place. 

She took her bag, got up, and just walked pass by me.

That was the first. 

Although there was something about her and the way she played that violin. Could it be that it was... uhhh. no.

She couldn't be the one right?

-end of chapter two-

Chapter two complete... I hope you liked it. Be sure to leave comments and suggestions and vote my story if you want to ^_^ Thank you!