Part 3

You walk around town for awhile, looking at stores and occasionally taking pictures with fans. Eventually you head to a park and sit on a bench. You look up at the clouds, thinking about everything that's happened with Jack recently. He never has time for you anymore. It's always Signe. It almost breaks your heart. As his friend, best friend, and secret admirer.

You close your eyes and replay the memory of Jack telling you about his new girlfriend.

(I made the flashback in first person because I don't know, i'm weird) "Y/N! Y/N!" Jack yells as he runs up to me. "Jackie, you seem more excited than when I got off the plane." I say with a giggle. I arrived in Ireland a few days ago and am staying for a few weeks. "I have great news!" Jack yells, sparkle in his eyes.

"What is it, Jack?" "I'll tell you over dinner. Come on, go get dressed up. This is a special occasion." "Um...okay?" I run upstairs to my guest room to change. I put on the fanciest clothes I packed and run down the stairs, with my old sneakers in hand. I slip them on as I hop out the door and follow Jack to his car.

"So no hints?" I ask. He grins. "Not a single hint." "Aww." I slouch down in my seat. "Such a lady." Jack teases. "Shut up, leprechaun." He chuckles and continues driving. When we get to a nice restaurant he even opens the doors for me. "Wow, this must be something really big." I joke. "It is." When we sit down, I can feel my heart racing.

This is almost like a...a date. No, Jack would never take me on a date. We're just friends. I smile at him as I mentally argue with myself. "So Y/N..." "Yes, Jack?" "The news I want to annouce is..." 'Here it goes. He's gonna say he loves me. Come on, Jackie.' "I have a girlfriend!" 'Wait what?!' "What?" He smirks.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend today. Her name is Signe Hansen. We met on a video where she was speedpainting me. We've been talking since then and I finally asked her. Isn't it amazing?" My mind goes blank. My Jackie...has a girlfriend. My best friend that i'm in love with, has a girlfriend. "Y/N? Are you alright?" Jack asks, waving his hand in front of my face.

I stare into his eyes. "Yeah, Jack, i'm fine. I'm just...So happy for you!" I say, with fake enthusiasm. He smiles. "I know right! I can't wait to show you her. She's the love of my life. I'm sure you two will be great friends." "I hope so. Any girl that makes you happy is a friend to me." He goes on and on about her for the rest of the night. I just hide my sadness the entire time.