Chapter 9

After school I went over to Grayson's to do some homework with him. Even if I haven't talked to him at all since the run in with Taylor in the bathroom.

"Babe. You haven't talked to me at all since lunch. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"It's obviously something. Or else you would have been talking to me and not just Taylor and Marry."

"I saw Taylor and her snobby bitchy Poms squad in the bathroom at lunch today. She told me that everyone knows how you are only using me for my smarts."

"You know that's not true."

"Then why does the whole school know about it?"

"Fine. To start maybe. But once we really got to spend some time together, I learned that you are  a wonderful and beautiful person. You don't deserve to have someone to do that to you."

"I can't fucking believe you Grayson. And to think that the jock of the school was actually into me. Also that I could trust the jerk jock of the school."

"Maybel. You know I couldn't."

"No. You could. You know what? I'm done. From now on I am just your tutor and that is all." I said running out to my car and driving away.

I was in no mood to go home. So I got on the highway and drove. After about half an hour, I needed gas. As I was getting back in my car, I saw the lighter and pack of Cigarette that were still in my car from back when I first started tutoring him. I guess I never gave those back to him. So I lighted one and got back on the high way and blasted some music. I lost myself as I drove, smoked, and listened to music.

This must be what letting loose feels like.

------
Grayson

I have got to get that girl back. I don't know where she is or where she went. She isn't at Taylor's, Marry's, or her own house. Not at the library. Where could she be?

"Well where else could she be?" I asked as we walked out of the library.

"I don't know." Marry then said.

"Wait. I have a tracking app on my phone that I use to track my family. I have her on there too. I can see where she is from there." Taylor said as she tapped her phone screen.

"Well. Where is she?" I asked.

"On the highway heading north. She's almost an hour and a half away." She said confused.

"There's no way we can catch her if she is that far." Marry said. 

"There is a way. I know a way. We just have to take a different road and drive fast." I said as we headed to my car.

"We can't speed." Taylor said to me.

"You are Maybel's friend alright. And we won't have to worry about cops with the road we are going on."

"Perfect. Let's just go and be illegal. Great." Taylor said as we got in the car.

"Do you want her back or not?" I said starting it up.

"I never said I didn't. Let's just go an be done with this."

"The two of you fight too much." Marry said to us as we then drove off.

------
Maybel

I was now two hours into driving on the highway. So I decided to stop at a restaurant and get something to eat. Sonic was the best choice out here. So I pulled up and ordered my food from my car.