2

Chapter Two

As Vincent approached the three men standing in the compound, he could sense the tension and unease in the air.

Marcel, Elijah, and Klaus were engaged in a hushed, serious discussion, and Vincent knew immediately that they must have been talking about something significant.

He quickened his pace, eager to learn what had transpired in his absence. "Did you tell them?" Vincent asked, his gaze shifting between the trio.

Klaus' brow furrowed in confusion. "Tell them what?" he replied, his tone laced with the slightest hint of irritation.

Marcel let out a heavy sigh, his expression shifting to one of trepidation. "No, Vince, not yet, but now I will," he admitted, squaring his shoulders as he prepared to deliver whatever news he had been withholding.

Elijah's eyes narrowed, his keen intellect already piecing together the implications of Marcel's words.

"Tell us what, Marcel?" he pressed, his voice calm and measured, though the underlying current of concern was palpable.

With a deep breath, Marcel delivered the news that had been weighing heavily on him. "Jane is pregnant," he stated simply, the gravity of his words hanging in the air.

Klaus' reaction was immediate, his eyes widening in a mixture of disbelief and intrigue. "Jane? Who's that?" he demanded, his curiosity piqued.

Vincent stepped forward, ready to provide the necessary context. "Jane Villanueva," he explained, the name rolling off his tongue with a hint of reverence. "The virgin vampire," he added, as if that detail alone should have been enough to illuminate the significance of the situation.

Elijah's brow furrowed, his mind racing to process the implications. "The virgin vampire," he repeated, the words dripping with a sense of incredulity. "How is that possible?" he asked, his gaze shifting between Marcel and Vincent, searching for any semblance of an answer.

Marcel shook his head, his expression one of deep contemplation. "We don't know yet, but we think it has something to do with Esther," he replied, his tone laced with a mixture of concern and trepidation.

Klaus' eyes narrowed, his interest piqued by the mention of his mother's name. "What do you mean?" he pressed, his voice tinged with a hint of suspicion.

Vincent cleared his throat, ready to provide the additional details. "Recently, the witches have been taking young girls and performing rituals on them," he explained, his words measured and deliberate. "When I performed a spell on Jane, I found out that her memory was recently erased with magic."

The implications of Vincent's words were not lost on the group, and the air seemed to crackle with the weight of the revelation.

Klaus' brow furrowed, his mind racing to connect the dots. "So you think Esther made Jane pregnant? Why would she do that?" he asked, his tone laced with a mixture of confusion and wariness.

Marcel's expression darkened, his gaze shifting to the ground as he considered the possible motives behind Esther's actions. "Maybe as a peace offering," he suggested, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Vincent nodded, his own mind grappling with the potential reasoning behind Esther's seemingly inexplicable actions. "It could be she knows how important family is to Klaus," he offered, his words carefully chosen.

The group fell silent, each man lost in his own thoughts as they tried to make sense of the unfolding situation.

The implications were staggering, and the potential consequences were difficult to fathom.