10

Chapter Ten

It was supposed to be a simple babysitting job - Bonnie and Vincent, watching over Klaus and Jane's newborn son Romeo for the evening while the couple enjoyed a much-needed date night.

As trusted allies and powerful practitioners of magic, Bonnie and Vincent felt more than capable of keeping the infant safe and sound.

However, their routine evening of bottle feedings and lullabies soon took a dark and dangerous turn.

Unbeknownst to the unsuspecting sitters, a powerful and cunning witch named Marisol Vera had been closely monitoring the Mikaelson household, her envious gaze fixed squarely on the newborn baby boy.

Marisol had long harbored a deep resentment towards the Mikaelson family, blaming them for the tragic loss of her own child years ago.

Now, with Klaus and Jane's guard down, she saw the perfect opportunity to exact her revenge - by snatching their precious son Romeo and using him as leverage against the Original family.

Stealthily breaching the wards and protections that Bonnie and Vincent had carefully put in place, Marisol materialized in the nursery, her eyes glinting with malicious intent as she approached the crib.

But the witch had underestimated the formidable duo entrusted with Romeo's care. Bonnie, ever the observant and quick-thinking witch, sensed a dark presence the moment Marisol stepped foot in the house.

Swiftly gathering Vincent to her side, the two launched into action, unleashing a torrent of spells and incantations to drive the intruder back.

A fierce magical battle ensued, the air crackling with the energy of clashing powers as Bonnie and Vincent fought tooth and nail to shield the innocent child.

Marisol proved to be a worthy adversary, her years of experience and mastery of dark magic allowing her to match the duo's efforts blow for blow.

Furniture flew, windows shattered, and the very foundations of the house trembled under the strain of the supernatural forces at play.

But Bonnie and Vincent were undeterred, their determination fueled by the knowledge that failure was not an option - Romeo's life hung in the balance.

With coordinated precision, they wove an intricate web of protective spells, shielding the crib and its precious cargo from Marisol's increasingly desperate attempts to break through.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Bonnie and Vincent managed to overwhelm the witch, their combined magic overpowering her own.

As Marisol lay defeated, her body wracked with pain, she let out a chilling, guttural laugh that sent shivers down their spines.

"This is only the beginning," she rasped, her eyes burning with a twisted sense of triumph. "More will come for the child. You cannot protect him forever."

And with those ominous parting words, the life faded from Marisol's eyes, her lifeless form crumpling to the floor.

Bonnie and Vincent stood there, hearts pounding, adrenaline still coursing through their veins.

The nursery was in shambles, but Romeo remained unharmed, blissfully oblivious to the terrifying ordeal that had just unfolded around him.

Exchanging a grave look, the two friends knew they had no choice but to inform Klaus and Jane of the attack - and the dire warning Marisol had left in her wake.

The Mikaelsons were now facing a new and formidable threat, one that would stop at nothing to get their hands on the newborn heir.

The battle lines had been drawn, and Bonnie and Vincent would need to be ever-vigilant in their quest to keep Romeo safe from the darkness that now loomed on the horizon.