crash landed

My room was completely gray. More so than usual. Why I had no clue but for some reason, it felt as if it got duller the more I was in it. Mom and dad didn't visit much anymore. I guess they didn't have the time for me. In all honesty, that was probably the deal for a while but they now had a reason to ignore me.

         The door buzzed, the hinges creaking slightly as it opened. I didn't react to it in the slightest, still laying on my side, facing the wall. "Get up." A guard's voice said and I sighed, rolling on my back with my eyes closed. "Can't you see that I'm getting beauty sleep?" I scoffed.

          "Oh, I'm sorry princess. Get up not before I tase you." He grimaced. "Lede, there's no need." Jaha's voice came to my ears, causing me to sit up and glare at him. "What." I simply stated and he clasped his hands together. "It's time." Was all he said before the guard grabbed my wrist and pulled it towards him.

            A pain shot through my wrist causing me to flinch. "Hey, let go of me." He released my hand but not before closing the metal bracelet that sat on my wrist with pins sticking into my skin. "What the hell is this?" I exclaimed and Jaha simply nodded.

         "You asked how we were going to monitor you on Earth. That's it." He calmly said. "Now, this way." He guided us out of the cell and I saw all the other prisoners out of their cells. Just glancing around, I saw a couple people I knew from around the arc.

         "Where's my brother?" I asked and the guard bumped my shoulders. "No questions." He commanded with no emotion on his face. "I'm sorry if my brother is more important than your dumb rules. Where is my freaking brother? Is that better?" I argued, but it got me nowhere. Still no answer.

          What if he wasn't getting sent down? Would I have gotten myself arrested for no good reason? I shook my head, don't think like that Spence. It's not worth it. The guards shoved us into the drop ship one by one and forced us to buckle up.

          I glanced around as the seats began to fill up, prisoners, all kids, and teenagers that were under 18 filling in the seats to their impending doom. There was no way the Earth was inhabitable. Not yet. "Spencer?" A voice said and I turned my head. "Monty. Hey." I smiled and he rose his eyebrows. "What are you here for? You're like the most likely to never get in trouble." He asked and I bit my lip.

        "It's a long story," I replied softly. The seats were full and I glanced around again, still getting no sign of Leon. Suddenly a screen came on, Jaha's face showing up caused everybody to boo.

       "Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable." Jaha's voice spoke through the speaker.

        A boy diagonal from me scoffed loudly, "Your dad is a dick, Wells." He said and I rose my eyebrows. The chancellor's son was in this thing? That's a shocker, you'd think the leader of the arc would keep his family safe. "If, however, you do survive, those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean."

       The cabin cheered, "Well, I hope this isn't the end for us." I mumbled and Monty nodded. "You and me both sister." He commented. I've known Monty since forever.

            Aside from my brother, he was my best friend. On the other hand, his friend Jasper wasn't really my cup of tea so to say. We got along for Monty's sake but he's not my favorite person.