life or death

The camp was calm the next day. I forced myself to talk to Leon. There was no way I could be mad at him for what he did. Everybody else forced Murphy away so he did too. So I forgave him and he moved into the tent, just like we used to. Except now it was the extent of a banished boy.

Nothing important happened until the day after when I was woken up with the entire camp freaking out over something going on outside. Quietly, I exited my tent, glancing around and seeing everybody looking up at the sky. Before I could lift my head, I noticed Bellamy exit his tent with two girls and no shirt on.

Silently, I pursed my lips, turning away from him. "They're coming to help us. Now we can kick some grounder ass." One of the boys cheered as a couple others agreed. "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." One of the girls that came from Bellamy's tent spoke, holding a blanket over her shoulders.

I rolled my eyes, squinting as I tried to see clearer, "What the hell is that?" I muttered as Octavia walked over to me, "No idea, but let's go see what Bellamy wants to do about it." She spoke and I nodded, following her towards the main tent that I usually refer to as the commander tent.

It's where Bellamy and Clarke usually are if they're not around camp and where we make decisions. "So I was thinking we leave in teams, maybe three. Go see what it was." I spoke up as we entered but Bellamy shook his head, "We should get moving. Everyone's ready." Octavia added.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe. We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." Bellamy spoke, crossing his arms. "Everyone for 100 miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now." Octavia pressed but Bellamy stood up against her.

"I said we wait until sunrise." He stated and I scoffed, "Bellamy, you don't make all of the calls around here. I'm taking a team out. Not that you would be worried." I spoke, going to leave. As soon as I turned, he grabbed my upper arm. "Hey, wait until sunrise or you'll be dead out there." He whispered angrily.

"You can't scare me, Bellamy," I whispered back, causing him to glance over my face. "Octavia, can you give us a minute?" He asked, still holding onto my arm. She looked at me, almost for permission and I nodded, causing her to leave the tent. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He grimaced, squeezing my arm.

"I think I'm reminding you that you're not the only one that makes rules here. Clarke said the three of us make them, so the three of us make them." I started and he let go of my arm, running a hand over his face. "Fine, but make sure you have enough to defend yourself. If you die out there-" He started.

"You don't need to worry about my well-being, Bellamy. I'm a survivor." I smirked before leaving the tent. Silently, I went to Miller, "You want to come with me and check out that drop?" I asked and he nodded, getting up instantly. He followed me to the weapon table, grabbing a knife and I grabbed my bow as usual.

Clarke and Finn came into camp exasperated and glanced around. "Did you guys see that?" Clarke asked and I nodded, moving to walk with her, holding up my pointer finger for Miller to wait. "You know it's from the ark, right? It had to be." A girl spoke, towards us and Clarke grinned, "Grab your stuff. Let's find out." She spoke, ready to leave then and there.

"Bellamy said we're gonna wait until sunrise." I replied and Clarke tilted her head, "Where is he?" She asked as I stepped ahead, going into his tent. "Ever hear of knocking, bitch?" A brunette, I believe her name was Anastasia, snarled. Clarke and Finn entered causing her to scoff, "Oh, great, it's a free show. Anyone else wants to take a look?" She snapped.

"Where the hell is Bellamy?" Clarke asked and the girl sighed, "He took off a while ago." She replied. "Gear's gone." I pointed out, noticing that his stuff wasn't on the table. "He told everyone to stay. Whatever's in that thing, he wants it. We've gotta get there before he does." Clarke announced, leaving the tent with me following.