Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning with my heart full of joy. My bestfriend was being released today. I was nervous at the same time though only because I was having negative thoughts in my head. What if we don't bounce back like before? I don't know why I was thinking like that.

''You up big head?'' Jeremiah says while coming in my room. 

''You can knock you know?'' I ask getting out of my bed.

''You ain't got nothing I haven't seen'' he says laughing.

''I may have a dick''

''Naw you don't. I'm looking at how fat that cat is right now'' he says pointing at me in my boy shorts.

''Fucking perv. Ugh get out'' I say throwing a pillow at him while he's closing the door. I pulled out my phone to call Jody's mom to make sure that she was ready for today.

''Hey baby.'' She says while answering on the first ring.

''Hey mama. Everything good?''

''Yes baby everything is good. The grill is already up and going. The greens are on the stove. Bake beans are being prepared now. It's on for today. I can't wait to see my son'' she says. I can hear the smile on her face.

''I know that's right mama. We'll be there round 2. Soon as I get there I'll-'' she cuts me off.

''You don't have to do a thing Alexis. I'm already thankful for having you in my life while he was locked up. You're such a good girl baby. I just hope Jody sees that and can finally get-'' I cut her off. I already know where this was going,

''Mama calm down. Me and Jody will always be bestfriends''

''Y'all need to make it more than bestfriends'' she says making me laugh.

''Ma don't even.''

''Shit I know you love that boy. But I'm not even about to go down that route right now. You start getting your day started and I'll see you later. Love you and be safe'' she says while hanging up.

JODY

''Man boy you be straight out there in them streets you hear me? Life ain't what it was six years ago. You know you been gone awhile''

''Man I already know'' I say as I'm packing the little things that I do have.

''So what you gone do when you get out?'' says one of my boys that I met while I was in here.

''Man honestly.. I just wanna see my family right now. My family , my homies and my bestfriend'' I say smiling.

''You and that bestfriend man. I swear I think you fucked her'' says one of the other boys.

''Man that girl still pure.''

''Man you lyin. You been in here for damn near 6 years . She done fucked somebody'' they say laughing. I kinda get upset. They don't know Lex how I know Lex.

''Y'all niggas chill out'' I say shaking my head.

I promised myself that this was going to be my first and last time going to prison. Life ain't easy at all. Niggas in here are as grimey as it gets. I can't even lie tho I made one friend in this bitch and he got out a couple weeks before me. I couldn't wait to get in contact with my nigga once I got out because he said he had some work for me and I was down for whatever. But first and foremost I wanted to see my family and my son. I only seen my son a couple times before I got locked out and I feel bad for leaving his side. But I promised when I get out that I was going to be a good father to him and teach him the right things in life. I already know that Jeremiah and Kareem was doing a good job being his uncles and Lex on the other hand was doing a good job being his godmother. Damn I missed that girl so much. She had a smile that would brighten up your day and a personality that you couldn't find in any other girl. Any nigga would be lucky to have her. I just hoped while I was locked up she didn't let anyone take advantage of her because now they gone have to deal with me. I'm her only motherfucking bestfriend.