Chapter 6

Jody P.O.V

''So what's the moves?'' I ask Jeremiah and Kareem as we're smoking some good ass weed.

''Shit'' Kareem says.

''Y'all ain't been making no moves?'' I ask. I left them with plenty of shit to do. I know my boys better than this.

''Naw man. We've been laying low until you got here honestly. That hotboy shit ain't what it is no more bruh'' Jeremiah says passing the blunt to Kareem.

''Man since I'm out we gone make it out of something'' I say.

''You just did 6 years bruh. You just got out. Lay low now and then snap back later'' Kareem says.

''Y'all done turned into some lil ass bitches'' I say. They laugh.

''Man if you really think you can get back on this shit then let's do it bruh but soon as we hear that it's hot out here we stopping. Next time they get you , you gone be gone for a while bruh'' Jeremiah says.

''Don't get us wrong we miss this street shit too but we can't afford to lose you to it either'' Kareem says.

''Man this time around I got new shit involved and new people that won't get us caught'' I say.

''Word?'' Jeremiah says looking at me.

''Yeah. The game is back in business my boys'' I say while dapping them up. The streets wasn't ready for this one.

ALEXIS P.O.V

 I woke up the next morning to my house smelling like straight weed.

''These mothefuckers wild as fuck'' I say getting up to brush my teeth. I heard loud ass rap music coming from out of the living room. I slipped on me a pair of workout shorts and a sports bra. Today was a good day for my morning jog.

''Morning sleepy head'' Jody says getting up to give me a kiss on the cheek.

''Morning'' I say backing away from him.

''Man she hates the smell of weed'' Jeremiah says.

''Yall smoking this shit in my house at that'' I say mean mugging the fuck out of them. 

''Where you finna head out to?'' Jody asks me.

''Her morning jog'' Kareem says.

''Morning jog? What you tryna lose? Some skin?'' Jody asks making everyone laugh but me.

''I'm tryna stay in shape'' I say.

''Let me go for a run with you'' Jody says taking off his shirt.

''Sure'' I say looking at his chest.

''I'll be back'' he says smirking at me. 

Hour Later

''Girl wait up'' he says out of breath.

''We gotta get you back in shape big bruh'' I say laughing.

''How the..'' he was breathing hard couldn't even get his words out right.

''You good?'' I ask him trying not to laugh.

''Fuck you'' he says pacing back and forth.

''Look you ain't have to come'' I say.

''I thought you'd at least take it slow with me'' he says.

''Naw man that would of messed me up'' I say stretching.

''How far are we from home?''

''20 minutes'' I say.