Chapter 2

Flashback

''Jody hasn't been over here in awhile. What's going on?'' My mom says. I roll my eyes. Me and Jody had got into an argument a couple weeks ago and he hasn't talked to me since then.

''I don't know ask him'' I say.

''Now what have you did to my son?'' she asks.

''He's not your son. You're so aggravating with that'' I say.

''Now you know Jody is our son'' My step dad chimes in. I roll my eyes.

''I'm going to my room'' I say while getting up from the dinner table. Soon as I make it to my room I get a instagram notification from Jody mentioning my name.

''I miss her ugly stubborn ass. She got me on block so I can't even tell her the good news I received today''

It was a nice picture of me and him. I couldn't do nothing but smile. So I liked the picture and decided to unblock his number. Soon as I unblock his number I had a call coming from him.

''What do you want?'' I ask.

''Bestfriend I'm down the street. Bye'' he says while hanging up the phone. Seconds later I hear loud ass music out my window. I make my way downstairs and my mom looks at me.

''That's my son ain't it?'' she asks.

''Man be quiet'' I say laughing while opening the door to a smiling Jody.

''Bestfriennddddd'' he says picking me up.

''Put me down'' I say hitting his head.

''Man I missed you so much.'' He says while kissing me on the cheek. I politely wipe it off. ''Hey ma. Hey Pops'' he says while giving my mom a hug.

''I was just asking Lex about you. She was trying to disclaim you'' my mom says.

''No she didn't try disclaiming the only bestfriend she got'' he says making his way to the kitchen.

''Its some leftover greens and chicken from tonight baby. Enjoy yourself'' she says to him. Jody always makes his way at home when he comes to my house.

''Thanks Ma. Lex I'll meet you upstairs'' he says. I nod my head. Jody was the only boy allowed in my room. Him and my mom just had that bond and I loved it. 

''Put some damn clothes on man'' he says while coming in my room with a plate of food. I looked down at my outfit and it was nothing wrong.

''It's just a dress'' I say.

''That's too damn short. Damn Lex'' he says while trying to fix his gym shorts. 

''What's wrong with you?'' I ask him.

''Nothing at all'' he says while placing the plate over his gym shorts.

''Boy I know damn well you ain't catching a boner while looking at me in this dress'' I say.

''I mean I am a nigga'' he says.

''That's nasty. I'm your bestfriend asshole.'' I say while throwing a pillow at him getting highly upset.

''Chill bruh I'm sorry damn.'' he says.

''Mhmmm'' I say.

''How come you single but you so fine?'' he asks.

''WOW!!!! What was the argument about that we just had a couple weeks ago???''

''Man that nigga ain't shit at all. I don't want you with bruh. I'll kill his ass and your ass if you fall in love with him.'' he says referring to this boy named Mikey that wanted to fuck with me.