Chapter 5

''It's so good to see that you're out Jody'' I look up and see a trifling ass Sabrina. I roll my eyes. Who even invited her?

''What's good Ma?'' Jody says. I just look at him. He finna fall right back down this stupid ass path.

''I missed you so much'' she says hugging him.

''I missed you too'' he says.

''Our son looks just like you'' she says smiling and looking over at Malachi.

''Yeah he does'' he says. ''Thanks for letting my friends help you raise him.

''Anything for you Jody. Happy to see that you're out.  Everyone needs a father figure in their life'' she says.

''An Ima always be here now. You mind if he stays the night?'' Jody asks.

''Aw Jody I was just coming to get him today to take him to see his grandparents'' she says making me roll my eyes.

''I've been gone for six years tho. Let me at least spend a couple days with him''

''I'm sorry but I promised my mom that I'll bring him to her for a couple days''

''Really bruh?'' Jeremiah says getting up.

''What?'' Sabrina asks looking confused. She knows what she's doing.

''Let him see this damn baby for a couple days'' I say looking at her.

''I can try'' she says.

''Do it for me bruh'' Jody says.

''I'll try. Come on Malachi let's go'' she says.

''But I wanna stay with daddy'' he says starting to cry.

''You finna go to grandma house'' she says.

''I don't wanna go to grandma house'' he says.

''You gone go wherever I tell you , you finna go. Now say your goodbyes'' Sabrina says.

''Bye daddy'' he says crying.

''Its okay big man Ima come get you in a few days okay?'' Jody says hugging him.

''Okay'' he says.

''Come here baby. I love you okay?'' I say kissing his face all over.

''Please don't kiss him'' Sabrina says.

''What?'' I ask.

''Don't kiss him ion know where your mouth been'' she says making me jump up.

''Bitch what the fuck you mean?'' I ask.

''What I just said''

''A dick has never been in my mouth hoe'' I say.

''That's what they all say'' she says laughing.

''You should know'' I say.

''Just leave Sabrina'' Jody says getting up to walk her out. I shake my head.

''She just tried the fuck outta you huh sus?'' Kareem says laughing.

''Fuck you'' I say getting up to get me something to drink. I ran into Jody  older brother Dell.

''You can't speak Lex?'' He asks.

''I'm sorry I'm just now seeing you. How you been?'' I ask him.

''Damn no hug?'' he asks. I hesitate for a moment. I finally give in.

''How you been man?'' he asks hugging me tight.

''Good'' I say.

''You looking good babygirl. Damn man seem like its been forever'' he says pulling me back into another hug. Jody would kill the both of us right now.