Chapter 5

Jonathon was awaiting a series of praises, but Mary placed the fork down on the table and then looked at Jonathon’s grey eyes and said, “This pasta is as plain and tasteless as plastic.” And she got up from her place but a hand grabbed her arm and turned her back to become face to face with Jonathon. With gritted teeth and locked eyebrows Jonathon, “What part of this pasta tastes plain and tasteless?” Mary shook off Jonathon’s hand and said, “It had no feeling to it. You should know as chef that a dish without any feeling put into making it tastes like absolutely nothing.” And then Mary walked away leaving the whole diner in total silence.

Jonathon totally beyond shocked went straight to the kitchen were Lukas was preparing some of the ingredients; he went to him and then said, “I can’t cook anymore.” Lukas confused turned towards him and then asked worriedly, “Why? Did you hurt yourself?” Jonathon didn’t reply simply threw his apron on the ground and then walked out towards the backdoor and headed towards his apartment.

When reaching his apartment he grabbed his inhaler and took a deep breath. After coming down, he grabbed a backpack and took a set of clothes and all the cash he had and went out of his apartment, going straight to the bus station; going to some place he swore he would never go back to.