Straight into my Heart and Stole it

From archiveofourown

Warnings:
Handjob, Marcel/Harry, Fluff,

~~~~~~~~~

Louis honestly thinks it's juvenile, the way his friends all make fun of Marcel. Very reminiscent of the high school days when Louis would watch them tripping the smaller kids. But they're way past that now, they're adults and they've gone through university and now they're at the jobs they're gunna have forever, for God's sake. And yet Niall and Zayn both pick on the dorky secretary who yeah, looks ridiculous.

But despite Louis thinking he looks ridiculous and acts like a bit of a freak, he doesn't voice his opinion because that's really childish and he just turned twenty-five in December. He laughs along at some of the things Niall and Zayn say when they're all eating together because those two have some very colourful insults and he loves them to death.

And Louis knows that Marcel has a crush on him. It's the worst thing for him because Zayn and Niall torment him to no end about it and whenever he has to interact with Marcel, he's always a little aware of the way he blushes deep red and the way his eyes linger when he thinks Louis isn't looking. Louis thinks it's kind of cute, like the little nerdy kid crushing on the most popular kid in school if he's still making high school analogies.

It's one particular lunch, the three of them sitting in the lunchroom and Louis is eating soup as usual. Niall is talking about his brother's wedding and Zayn is nodding along, listening. Louis eats another mouthful of lukewarm broccoli and cheese soup (which Zayn laughed about earlier but Louis loves it and took the recipe for it straight from his high school's cafeteria). Their conversation is interrupted by a clattering next to them as Marcel drops his fork. Their heads turn, watching him turn bright red as he stoops over to pick it up and ends up tipping over and struggling to get back up.

Mostly people avert their gaze, too embarrassed for him to say much. But Niall and Zayn laugh, turn to Louis and begin their favourite pastime of making fun of the nerdy secretary. Louis chuckles a little, continuing to eat his cheesy broccoli soup. When he glances over at Marcel, he sees him watching with this smile on his face.

"Lou, look, he's looking at you," Niall says, leaning over conspiratorially.

"He looks so smitten," Zayn chortles.

"You know what'd be hilarious?" Niall asks them, leaning back and watching over them with a grin on his face. "If Louis asked him on a date."

"No, no way, Niall," Louis says, shaking his head and finishing off the last bite of cheesy goodness. He's smiling a little because that would be hilarious, he has to admit.

"I agree," Zayn says. "That would be the best thing that's happened all year."

"No," Louis says again. "He may be gullible but not that gullible."

(Niall once invited Marcel to an office party that was supposed to be in celebration of Niall's birthday. He lied; his birthday is on the other side of the year. And he planned this whole elaborate scheme and he pretended to make calls to cake companies and he'd talk about it in the lunch room and he went all the way. And then the venue that Niall booked was actually some three year old's birthday party. Marcel couldn't even look at Niall for a week.)

"Oh, come on, Louis. Just one fake date and it'll be funny."

Louis shakes his head, sipping his water.

"I dare you," Niall whispers, leaning over again and looking at him.

Louis sighs, finally nodding as he realizes his friends will bother him for days if he doesn't give in. "Fine," he says.