Confusion

The Orphan Girl 
Part Fifteen
Confusion

I tapped my foot repeatedly against the ground, my arms crossed over my chest. An impatient scowl was setting across my face as I looked at the shop Shino had disappeared into.

What was taking him so long?

"Yo." a very familiar and unwanted voice said out of the blue. I stiffened in fear and my eyes widened out in shock and fear. I even stoppped breathing. I slowly turned around and where met with a pair of red eyes, purple hair and fair skin.

"C-C-Ch-Chou?! Wh-What are you..." I started, gulping while I took a step back. "Doing h-here?" I ended, staring at Chou in fear. My knees even start buckling against each other.

"Don't worry, I'm not mad at you, Akiko. By the way, I saw how close you were to that boy. He's your boyfriend or something?" she asked nonchalantly, pointing to where Shino disappeared into.

"Huh?" I said dumbfounded, my eyes wide in confusion. I took a breath I forgot that I held into and visibly relaxed in my body. "What? You mean Shino?" I asked dumbfoundly, pointing to the same place as Chou did.

"Yes, him. What's your relationship with him?" Chou said with forced patient.

"Um, well..." I started, glancing over to the shop and then looked back at Chou, still wary of her presence. Even though she said she wasn't mad at me, you'll never know when she suddenly changes her mind and attacks you again. It has happened before. "He's a... friend, I think." I mumbled, glancing down on the ground while a soft blush crept up to my cheeks.

"You think?" Chou said in disbelief, crossing her arms. I become fearful again and lifted my arms to protect my body while I walked backwards until I knocked into a wall. I closed my eyes and waited for the worst.

A few moments went where nothing happened, but then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I peeked one eye open and saw Chou look down at me with a small smile. I looked at her in complete confusion. "Listen, Akiko. You can't play around with guys feelings all the time." she said to me.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked her confused. I lowered my arms again and fully relaxed in my body. Whenever Chou got like this, I knew she weren't going to hit me or anything.

"You hold his hand, you two speak as if you've been together like... forever," she started explaining, releasing the hold on my shoulder. She then sighed, shrugging with her palms up toward the sky. "And you don't even know if he's your boyfriend or not?"

"Well," I said, looking for a comeback. "He... He hasn't asked me yet!" I said, actually remembering he hasn't. All he did was kiss me and then leave.

"What?!" Chou said in pure shock. "He hasn't asked you! And you two have kissed? Right?" she continued, leaning close to my face. I tried to put some distance between us, but it was hard with a wall behind me.

"Uh... Yeah. We have." I said in a small whisper.

"That bastard..." she grumbled while she stepped away from me. A dark arua surrounded her body, making her even more scarier then she were before. She clenched a fist near her chest while she glared over at the shop Shino had disappeared into. "I'ma teach him a lesson, to be messing with my friend's feelings like this..." she grumbled, stomping over to the shop.

"Wait, Chou!" I called out to her, reaching for her. When she didn't listen to me, I ran up to her the fastest I could and were there in two seconds flat. Seriously, I counted in my head. I placed my hands on her shoulders, making her stop. Only temporarily though. "Listen, Chou. It's cool, you don't have to go that far." I told her, hoping it would calm her down.