Chapter 5

[1 week later, June 11, 2021; 8:28am]

She's in a pair of jeans, and a band tee she had designed. She had finished her morning run, and been back to the hotel to shower and change. She had ran 7 miles. She started her run at 6:15. She had just walked into a small family owned coffee shop, she loves here in New York City. She had not found a shop that could make coffee or English Breakfast Tea better in all of the places she had been. Also,] it was less than a mile away from her hotel, and it was in the direction of the university. She decided to walk to the university since it was only a mile away from the hotel, and traffic was awful that morning.

She had just ordered a coffee with one creamer and one sugar. She was leaning against a pillar waiting for it when a gorgeous man, who looked to be about 7 years older than her, in a nice suit walked up to her. He had blond hair with brown streaks mixed in, and hazel eyes. His hair was a perfect length. He looked clean and sharp. He was a good 5 inches taller than Maya. He was no doubt the most gorgeous man she had ever seen. "Hi I'm Jordan Archer. What's your name?" He said with a slight grin. Anyone else who he said this to wouldn't be able to pick up that he was from the Dallas, Georgia area. Maya picked this tiny bit up information by the slight barely noticeable accent and the way he played with the right cuff of his suit jacket with his right hand;s pointer finger and thumb.

"Hi... I'm Maya Light. Are you, by any chance, the owner and creator of Archer Enterprises and Corporation? It's just that I know that a Jordan Archer is the owner," Maya mentioned.

"You know AEC?I've never met anyone under the age of 22 that knows the name of my company, let alone my name. You can't be more than, what 18? Most people don't even start to care about business until the age of 20," Jordan says in astonishment.

"I'm 17. The only reason I know about you is because I had to do a paper my senior year of high school about inspiring young people in today's world. I want to be where you are now with my own business when I'm your age," she told him. He looked at her in astonishment once more.

"Did you say your senior year of high school, as in you've already graduated?"

"Yeah. I was forced to skip my 11th grade year by the state. I'm the smartest student in any type of school in the U.S. and the 10th smartest internationally. I'm actually here in New York to tour Columbia University and for my job. I was asked to come this summer to see the campus even though I'm not starting until the school year after this next one. They want to talk to me about something they are thinking about starting," she informed him.

"Damn. I've never met anybody so focused. Where do you live now? When are you moving up here?" Jordan asked.

"I'm moving up next June. I live in my hometown of Dallas, Georgia," she said.

"When you move up here would you like to be my apprentice? I could give you some tips for business," he told her.

"I would love that! Thank you. I was actually going to see if I could help out at a business around here when I moved up," she said with enthusiasm.

"Orders 23 and 26!" The cashier yelled.

"That's me. Sorry," they both said at the same time. They walked up with grins on their faces.

"I'm actually going to meet up with someone at Columbia right now. I invest in their business education sector. How are you getting there?" Jordan asked her.

"I'm walking. I didn't want to deal with traffic and it's so close to my hotel I figured why not," she informed Jordan.

"I'm walking also. Do you mind if I walk with you?" Jordan asks with hope in his voice. He couldn't believe how inspiring this girl was. He had walked up to her because he couldn't control himself. He couldn't believe that this sexy, smart, awe-inspiring girl was impressed by him. He does not know what he wants to do more; find out more about her, or tear her out of that outfit.