Bonus Chapter- 4/5

Brine's PoV

The ripples are what take me by surprise, ripples in the space around me. I look up to see Notch teleport in, Steve next to him. Each of them have a sword sheathed on their backs and a look of determination painting their faces. Here we go.

"What do you two want?" I ask, turning back around to keep doing what I was doing.

"Brine, we need to talk." Notch states. Great, he's gone first which means that this is something I'm going to have to agree with.

"If you want to talk, then tell Steve that he needs to lower his hand from his sword." I casually request and I hear Steve huff. I swivel back around to see Notch giving Steve a very stern look until Steve drops his arm. "Better. Now take the swords off."

"Brine you know-"

"I don't care. Drop the swords."

With a roll of the eyes and a puff of exasperation, Notch reluctantly unslings his sword, Steve following suit. "Alright, now you can talk."

"Brine, those kids shouldn't grow up down here. It's not the right place for them."

"I was thinking the same thing. Look, undo this weird cursy thing you did on me and I'll go get us a house up there. Only thing that's holding me back is you."

"What?!" Steve exclaims. "Like hell we're doing that. You've gone on one too many rampages Brine."

"Well, how else are the kids going to grow up there." I watch their faces when it dawns on me. "No, you're not thinking what I think you're thinking are you?"

"Brine, what if we looked after them?" Notch asks. That asshole. He abandoned his kids, he has no right to even talk about raising my daughter. I just got her back, it's only been about nine months.

"You're kidding, right?"

"No, we're not. You're not fit to parent them Brine."

"This coming from the asshole who left his kid out on the street because his surrogate father was trapped here because of you? And your daughter was stuck with the damn Ender dragon!" Notch looks down, his jaw clenching and his eyes flitting around the place.

"Like you're any better." Steve retorts.

"The only reason I didn't get to raise my daughter is because of you." I snarl.

"That's it." Steve snatches his sword off the ground and runs at me, trying to catch me off guard. I teleport to the other side of the room, my magic swirling around my hands, ready to make a shield. I can't be bothered fighting right now.

Steve rushes forward and I throw my hands up but a snake coils around my magic, squeezing it harshly. It falters, and disappears from my hands. Steve slices me on the cheek, the feeling of blood running down my face almost surreal. The rope around my magic constricts more, feeling like it's strangling my heart.

I fall to my hands and knees, the feeling robbing me of my breath. And then pain. Sharp and cutting, burning through me as my magic is beaten down more and more. I start coughing, hacking up blood as my magic is compressed, choked of something that keeps it going. It claws out to me, the behemoth of whatever is doing this coming from something in the room.

Notch.

He looks down at me, his eyes burning gold and his hand extended toward me. Beads of sweat roll off his forehead from the effort. "Stay down, Brine." I claw at the ground, my vision coming in and out of focus. Worry fills the bond form Jade; she's obviously feeling this too.

Finally, Notch let's go, stumbling back from the amount of energy that just cost him. I fall flat on my side, my magic crawling back to me. Steve steps over to me, roughly grabbing me by the shirt and lifting me up. His eyes meet mine and he punches me in the eye, throwing me to the ground again. I clutch at my eye, pain biting at it.