Chapter One

"So girl what are you going to do?" asked  Kay.

"I don't know. If you think I had a clue I would have been asking you of all people for advice". I said rolling my eyes at her. She could be so dunce sometimes. But I still love her the same.

I felt like the world was resting on my shoulders. WTF now? Why does life have to be so fucking fucked up? I swear I just wanted to crawl somewhere and die.

"Hello earth to Karma" Kay says waving her arms in front of my face, "we could cross now! you totally zoned out, get your mind in order chica. We've got shit to do and money to make". I sucked my teeth and cut my eyes at her but kept walking.

It was 25 degrees out today and this bitch had me walking freezing my fucking nipples off. Oh how my future kids are going to hate her ass. "Kay I hate you. Couldn't you have gotten one of your many niggas to give us a lift hag? I'm totally catching frost bite". She just laughed and continued walking.

Finally we reached the coffee shop couple blocks from her house. As we stood in the door and waited for a table good table, damn New Yorkers everybody was trying to get out of freeze your breast milk cold type weather.

After getting seated by a window table what Kay claimed as ours we ordered. I had a Frappuccino with a double shot of that stuff you add and this shit was off the hook. As I was sitting with Kay eyes, finger and everything else glued to her note3, which who ever other guy bought her. The finest guy I've ever seen on the big apple walked in.

Standing at 6'1 butter toffee complexion he looked like something I could have licked twice over without thinking twice about it. His high cheek bones and grey eyes had me steering with my mouth hanging open. Literally. Not to mention the 5 o' clock shadow look he was rocking. He looked fucking FIONEEEE. He must have caught me steering cause he cracked the most breath taking smile at me.

Shit Karma didn't momma tell you it's not good to steer? But I couldn't help it. It was like his presence just demanded attention. Seeing that he had already caught me steering. I smiled back. He must have taken that as a welcome to talk because he started making his was over to our table.

As he approached I totally zoned out thinking about all the things I could do with his fine ass. I could see he was fit even with him wearing his sweat suit pants with black and white limited J's that I don't even think was ready to be released yet and a white long sleeve white tee.

I was bought back with a deep chuckle. I looked up to see him standing by our table with the same amazing smile he gave me at the door with Kay looking up at him like a fish out of water, just gawking at him. I politely kicked her in her shin underneath the table hearing her say 'ouch' I cleared my throat and smiled back.

"Hey mah'' he said looking down at me. I instantly frowned. Did I look like his mother? He must have had me fucking confused.

"Do I look like yo momma but 'mah'" I said rolling my eyes " check yourself and try again''.

He shook his head and laughed, extending his hand and said '' Hey mah. I'm Jai''. I sucked my teeth.

''Do I look like yo mah? cause I'm sure she home baking you cookies and shit!''. The look on his face priceless. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I had tears and everything coming out my eyes how hard I laughed. He looked at me with his face almost set in stone.

''Why you gotta be like that mah!'' he said.

''Didn't I just tell you 'bout this mah shit homeboy?'' I replied.

He smiled ''What's your name tho?''

''I'm Karma'' I said giving him a smile showing my dimples.

''I saw you eyeing me from over here. What? You like what you see?'' he asked smiling showing me his perfect teeth.

''Nope'' I said making sure the P popped ''but you kind of cute tho'' I said nonchalantly. ''You don't feel this weather? Why you ain't have on more clothes'' I asked. 

''I'm cold blooded'' was his smart ass reply. I smiled and sighed

''How may I help you Jai?'' I asked ''cause I know you didn't come in this coffee shop just to smile up''

''No mah I didn't but I saw you when me and my boy was passing and I made him pull over so I could come and holler at you. You beautiful mah'' he said.

I blushed. I mean if me turning pink in front of a total stranger wasn't embarrassing I don't know what is. I mean I've been  called pretty, cute, sexy but never beautiful. ''Thank you'' I whispered while looking down at my now cold coffee.

''Don't hide ya face from me mah. I mean it you are beautiful. So will you give a brother a chance to keep a permanent smile on that face?''. he asked

I nodded and scribbled my number on a piece of napkin and handed it to him. he took it from me telling me that I'll be hearing from him shortly , smiled a walked away after a quick nod of the head and bye.

I just sat there looking at his retracting figure as e left the coffee shop looking at the number in his hand and transferring my number to his cell.

''Karma'' Kay practically screamed while hitting my hand.

''Hmmphh what'' I said finally remembering she was even there.

''Do you know who that was'' she asked.

''Duh!'' I said ''didn't you just hear him say his name was Jai'' I answered

''Just watch your ass and be careful'' she said ''that's THE Jai who niggas whisper his name in the streets. The Jai who have grown men closing up their shop and shit! He's Ruthless''. she concluded

No that can't be the same person I said to myself, maybe the same name but the same guy?

No......or could it?

A/N: This is my first story. Trust me it will get better, this isn't your ordinary thug book. Hope you guys enjoyed much love. p.s not edited

Vote

Comment

Share Follow