8

3rd person POV

The next day CCG had reports of people hearing screams coming from an old warehouse in the 20th ward. When they arrived on scene they found 12 body's,  what was left of them anyways,  inside. They noticed that they all wore military attire but no identification about where they were from. As they investigated, reaper had taken milenia back to his home so they could both rest.

Reaper POV

i was in the bathroom removing all of the bullets they had fired into me. After taking all of them out i sat on the edge of my bed, watching over milenia.

She will probably still hate me after this.

I decide to take a shower to wash off all the blood from my body.  After a long time of washing i got the blood off and got out. After getting dressed in pants and a hoodie i went back to my room. I see milenia sit up and look at me.

Milenia: what happens last night?

" we were both kidnapped by general karn. He has been hunting me for years. "

Milenia: but why did he come after me?

"Because he used you to track me. You were so obsessed in trying to catch me that he let you do all the work. "

Milenia: oh.. Ok last question.

"Shoot"

She moves to the side of the bed and sits.

Milenia: when we were in there, i wasn't completely knocked out. I heard you telling them to let me go. When they didn't i say a slight glimpse of you going berserk when they wanted to kill me.

I stand back from her as she looks at me.  I begin to feel flustered.

Milenia: why did you save me...
All I've ever done is try and kill you so why...

"Uh..well i...."

She still looks at me while i try and find the words to say.

"Its just, you weren't part of it. I've seen what he has done to people who are close to me. I didn't want that to happen again."

Milenia gets up and walks over to me. Then, and this completely caught me off guard, she kissed my cheek.

Milenia: thank you, reaper.

She heads to the bathroom and closes the door. Then i hear her turn the water on to shower.  I just sand there in complete shock.

"Why did she do that...."