Chapter 4: "Hurt By Ricky: The Jerk"

*Photo Credit: Richard Elliot Hoynes
💕Like and Comment💕
It makes me smile 😃

The next morning, I woke up to the voice of Patsy Cline singing Walkin' after Midnight on my alarm clock from my phone. After I finished my morning routine, took a shower, I quickly put on my clothes for the day, which consisted of my gray Elvis Presley shirt, light blue jean shorts, and my white converse, with my hair pulled up in a high ponytail. As I walked down the concrete path toward the dining hall to meet my family, I scanned the resort to see if I could spot Aaron anywhere. I wondered if he'd remember me from last night, I thought to myself smiling. When I met my family, ate a quick breakfast, talked about our plans for today, we all went to play a game of Simon Says since my parents thought it'd be a great start to our day.

After playing the game, won and did my happy dance, my sister and I decided to go to the "Wig Show" which Julianne, who was wearing a red polka dotted buttoned up shirt, dark blue shorts, gold heels and her hair pinned up in a bun, was in charge o...

After playing the game, won and did my happy dance, my sister and I decided to go to the "Wig Show" which Julianne, who was wearing a red polka dotted buttoned up shirt, dark blue shorts, gold heels and her hair pinned up in a bun, was in charge of, to try on a wig, while I tried on a beach hat from the 1960s. My dad was over at a table playing cards with Mr.Kellerman and Mr.Schumacher. "What do think?" I asked her as I looked in the vanity mirror. "I like it. It makes you look like Audrey Hepburn." Lela said smiling while I laughed as she put on a brown short wig on her head while she smoothed her gray-white striped dress with white flats. "Ladies, you look very lovely." Aaron said to us while walking up to Julianne with a clipboard in hand, looking handsome as ever, wearing a dark blue buttoned up shirt, black pants, and black converse, with his hair like it alway was. "So I said,  'Ask not what your waiter can do for you, but what you can do for your waiter.' " Ricky, who was wearing his everyday waiter attire, said as he knelt down beside Lela, who smiled at him. "If I keep up enough tips, I'll have enough for my Alfa Romero." Ricky said while winking at her. "How did you know that's my favorite car?" Lela asked as he held her hand. "Waiter's intuition, I guess." Ricky said laughing along with her as I rolled my eyes. There's something fishy about him, I thought to myself while I put my hat back in it's place as Lela and Ricky made plans for that night before Ricky left. "Nikki, can you cover for me tonight, tell mommy and daddy that I went to rest my head?" Lela asked me smiling as she put her wig back on while staring at Ricky as he walked away. "Lela, where are you going tonight? Tonight's Waltz Night at the Gazebo." I said crossing my arms. "To the golf course with Ricky. There's a great view from the first tee." Lela said smiling at me before I told her I'd cover for her while she's on her date tonight as I looked over at Aaron thanking Julianne before giving her a friendly kiss on the cheek and leaving to go off to his next daily task. While everyone left, I decided to go and help Julianne pack her wigs back into her white carry-on. "Hey, is it really true that you were a professional dancer and a judge on Dancing With The Stars? I just think your an amazing dancer." I said as I helped her with her wig supplies while she picked up the wigs. "Yeah, well I decided that at age 18 college wasn't my thing so I went to New York City, a few years later became a professional dancer, went on Dancing with the Stars with my brother Derek, and I've been dancing ever since then. It's the only thing that I've ever wanted to do since I took a break from acting." She said to me while she picked up hairbrushes. "You wanna know something, I envy you." I said giving her a small smile as she locked up her carry-on.