↝ backstory

NOVA AMODEI never felt truly loved by anyone

     NOVA AMODEI never felt truly loved by anyone. That was the root of all the Asgardian's problems — being the black sheep of a family that never seemed to care about the girl. It was mostly because she was the outcome of infidelity, as her mother had slept with another man which resulted in a pregnancy, one that her mother's actual husband refused to support. At least Nova got to be a part of this world, but as soon as she was born, her father — not even her real father, but the one she was forced to grow up with — made it clear he hated the thing he refused to see as an innocent, pure child. That was the only time Nova ever was innocent, as it didn't take her long to find the dark path she was going to walk for the rest of her life. 

     She found comfort in the fact that at least her mother didn't completely hate her, but that image in her mind was shattered when the Asgardian took Nova's older sister, Olympia, and fled the realm. Instead of taking Nova with her, the woman selfishly left Asgard behind with her first-born daughter, abandoning the girl she only saw as proof of her past mistakes. That was why Nova didn't feel anything when she found out that her mother had been killed later in Midgard — but she did grow vengeful and angry after hearing that Olympia still lived and walked the Earth like the privileged little princess she was. And Nova, well, she had to fight.

     She was left with the poor excuse of a father figure, but as soon as he got the chance, he fled and abandoned Nova much like her mother, leaving her all alone in the big, strange world. However, instead of being discouraged by the hate she constantly got, Nova decided to prove them wrong — prove everyone wrong, make them see how big of a mistake discriminating and doubting her was. Therefore, she promised herself that she would be her own queen, and eventually, she grows the desire to be Asgard's queen and rule the people who had hurt her in so many ways throughout her life.

     So, with bodies in her wake — including her father's — Nova climbs up to the royal castle and swears it will be hers, one day. However, the attempt to seize the throne goes wrong and she ends up locked up in the dungeons of Asgard, but it turns out, being imprisoned there ends up being the best thing to ever happen to her.