↝ backstory

JENNA CHARLOTTE RIVERS has been well-known for her astounding intelligence since childhood, always outsmarting the people around her and convincing her family that she was bound to be the smart one — the shining star when it came to knowledge and ...

JENNA CHARLOTTE RIVERS has been well-known for her astounding intelligence since childhood, always outsmarting the people around her and convincing her family that she was bound to be the smart one — the shining star when it came to knowledge and impressive skills with science. Her parents, Magdeline and Henry, never stopped being proud, not even when her so-called friends labeled her a nerd and left her alone, or when her siblings — Evan and Jane — tended to tease her.

But the lack of friends didn't bother Jenna. Sure, she was a shy girl — as introverted as they came, but she was proud, albeit kind and never too cocky. She knew that she had all that she needed, from a supportive family, including two siblings that were quite lovely no matter what, to the ability to shape her own future. And that was exactly what she was determined to do.

Their happy life took a hit when Henry Rivers, a rather well-known and talented S.H.I.E.L.D agent, was killed on the field, leaving behind only his legacy and a mourning family. But although it was a tragedy to all, including Jenna, it also ignited a spark of inspiration in her chest, and so the teenager decided to become an agent herself. She was destined for great things, and with her intelligence and abilities, she could be a great asset to the agency.

And so, she began to work hard, harder than ever, to achieve that dream and continue in her father's footsteps. Eventually, the day finally arrives — she is accepted to S.H.I.E.L.D's Science & Technology Academy, and there is no doubt in Jenna's mind that she's been granted access to paradise.

She isn't entirely wrong, because she does meet the love of her life, make new friends, work for S.H.I.E.L.D — everything she's ever wanted. But in the end, the paradise she gets might not be the one she initially looks for.