Chapter 6

Breathing. That's all Tom heard. Why was he breathing? Wasn't he dead on his kitchen floor with a harpoon in his chest?
    Tom groaned, opening one of his eyes, only to be met with a bright light. He closed his eyes again, thinking. Maybe he was dead and in some sort of afterlife. He opened one of his eyes again, blinking rapidly. He then opened the other as the light didn't hurt him as much. He sat up, since he found himself laying down, and looked around the room he was in. He was in a propped up and uncomfortable bed with a IV in his arm and machines next to him, beeping and whirring. A small tv was on the wall in front of him, a window to his left, and chairs to his right, as well as a door. He realized that he was in a hospital. He must have survived the harpoon.

   He was snapped out of his cloud of thoughts by the door to his room opening and Edd and Matt peeking inside of the room. He looked at them and they smiled, walking in fully and closing the door behind them.
   "Hey bud." Edd greeted and walked over to his bedside. Tom shifted.
   "Hey. The doctor's must be great, they saved me from a harpoon through my chest." Tom chuckled. Edd and Matt gave each other a confused glare before looking at him.
   "Uh... harpoon?" Matt asked.
   "Yeah. You know, the things I shot Tord with." Tom flinched at his own words, and his friends joined him.
   "You... didn't get stabbed with a harpoon. I didn't even think you have some in your apartment. You were cleaning your kitchen and slipped on a puddle. You tried to grab the counter, making a knife that was on it flip into the air. When you fell into you back, the knife plunged into your chest. The doctors said you were extremely lucky to survive that." Edd explained. Tom looked at him with a weird expression.

   "Uh... no. I was having chest pains and I went into the kitchen. Then, somehow, I had a harpoon in my chest and I blacked out..." He reframed himself for telling any further. Edd shook his head.
   "We even found you with the knife in your chest. You were slightly conscious when we called 911 and you kept mumbling weird things..."
   "Like what?" Tom looked at him. Edd stayed quiet, so Matt answered him.
   "You kept saying Tord's name. Like, you were talking to him."
   "That's... not true." Edd but in. "You were saying his name, yeah, but you kept saying 'don't just leave me here' and 'don't leave, please'." Edd stayed quietly. Tom looked at the shocked.

   "You're kidding, right?"
   "Nope."

(Sorry that was so short!)