one.

"Sadie. I'm on my way. My mom is driving me over. I'll be right there." I say to my best friend through the phone.

"Okay. See ya soon C." She says excitedly.

"Okay. Bye Sae." Sae was short for her name. I hung up and put my phone back in my bag.

As we arrive my mom stops and says bye to me and I get out. I walk to the front door and as soon as I am about to ring the door bell, she opens the door.

"Hey!" She squeals excitedly.

"Hi girl!" I respond with enthusiasm and she let's me in.

We go up to her room and I put my stuff away. As soon as we sit down, Sadie smirks and says "We are going to a party tonight."

"What? No. Sadie. I'm only 16. I can't."

"And I'm 17. C'mon C. It'll be fun. Maybe you'll meet a hot guy."

After a few minutes of arguing and contemplation, I decide to go. Sadie smiled excitedly and says "Good. I have just the outfit for you."

"Sadie. I'm not as thin as you. I won't fit." I say, becoming very self conscious.

"Um. Yes. You will. Don't doubt yourself." She gets up and pulls out a black dress and she tosses it at me.

"This? It's so... so... skimpy." I ball the dress up and toss it back at her.

"No. It's not. Trust me." She smirks. "Put it on. It's almost eight. I can't believe you have barely got here."

I shrug and get and get up to pick up the dress and go to the corner of the room and begin to put it on. The dress fit snug, but perfect at the same time.

"You look great." She smiles at me 

"Thank you. And so do you." My jaw drops slightly when I see Sadie in a dark maroon dress that smimmers in the light with black heels on.

She smiles and hands me a pair of bright pink shoes with silver spikes on them.

"Are you sure I can pull these off?" I say very unsure of myself.

"Put them on?" She half asks half demands.

I put them on and I can't deny they are comfortable and look very nice.

I go to her bathroom to straighten my hair again so it looks nice. My dark hair fell to my butt and it looked very nice straightened.

Sadie curled her hair and put on some makeup. I just put on a bit of lip gloss and mascara.

By the time we were done getting ready, it was 10 o'clock and we had to get going.

Sadie and I don't bother telling her parents anything. They don't really care. Sometimes I feel bad for Sadie about that. She always tells me how much she wants structure in her life.

We get into Sadie's car she had bought for herself and we drove to a big huge house where about twenty to thirty cars were parked.

"C'mon C. It will be completely okay." Sadie assured me. Her hair gleamed with a tinge of violet when the moonlight hit it.

"My mom doesn't even know Sadie. I'm supposed be at your house drinking hot cocoa and giggling at silly movies. Not attending this... house party." I respond worriedly.

"Ciena, live on the edge a little bit. Your mother does not have to know. What's the worse that could possibly happen if you got caught?" She smirks.

"I'll go and live with my dad." I look down at the ground.

"That means we'd live closer. And plus, your dad gives you way more freedom. You are such a prude." She rolls her eyes playfully.

"I am not." I cross my arms and scoff.

"Prove it." She crossed her arms, in an attempt to mock me.

"Fine. I will."

"Good." Just then she grabbed my wrist and rushed me into the door.

Grinding teens moved there bodies in a huddle. Sadie leads me to the corner of the huge room. I adjust my skin tight dress, as it was riding up.

"Have fun. Don't be a prude." She winks at me and dances her way to a boy dancing in the crowd of moving bodies and he puts his hands on her waist.

I look around in worry. What am i supposed to do? I don't have the confidence Sadie does. How am I going to just go and dance with somebody? I decide to get something to drink, so I go on a hunt for the kitchen. This house is a literal mansion and I cannot find the kitchen. I decide to walk back, but I get lost in the hallway.

I slowly walk and look at the portraits on the wall. A very attractive boy's face was plastered on the walls. Him and an older girl. They looked very alike. I assumed they were brother and sister.

All the sudden I hear footsteps coming near me. I didn't bother to look at them. They must be passing through. I studied the most recent picture of him. His hair was short with a bit of what I call, hair fluff. It was a very suiting haircut.

I suddenly hear the footsteps come to a halt near me and I turn to see who it is. To my surprise, the boy in the pictures stood next to me. Looking at me in a curious gaze.

"Oh, um hi..." I nervously blurt out.

"Hey." he says without breaking eye contact with me.