Soldier keep on marching on

A/N: The beginning of the story starts when Clarke and Abby are trying to save Roan, after finding away around Echo.

*Clarke POV*

"You said his lungs were fine?!?" Confusion evident in my voice as I face my mother, 

"I said I  thought so. It's possible that a bone fragment could've lodged in the tissue." frantically trying to find another alternative to save Roan. 

"Come on," a faint whisper escapes my mother as she applies pressure to the wound, "It's time to go."a panicked Octavia tries to persuade us to leave, "No, if Roan doesn't wake up we're all dead." making eye contact with Octavia and my mother.

"They're here." Moms voice quivers, "Backdoor, - "  I have to close it or he'll bleed out."  "No, we have to go, or else we'll bleed out." Octavia orders  "This is gonna have to do, go" pushing mom towards the backdoor suddenly the door busts open revealing Azgeda warriors with their weapons drawn. Trying to run out the other way we are caught and held.

 "They were trying to kill the king! Check him !" Echo commands

"No, we we're trying to save him!" I pleaded with Echo as she draws her sword to my neck.

"For my queen!" Raising her sword, I close my eyes preparing for death.

"Wait!" Coughing is heard, turning to the noise. Roan begins to get up

"My king," Echoes eyes cast to the ground realizing that her king is awake, "Roan, help us.- Tell them we're friends." trying to plead with Roan he starts to stand and cough even more, oh no. "You shouldn't try to stand so soo-" my mother tries to warn Roan.

"Where is Ontari?" Roan questions Echo, "Dead, sire, killed by them." answering the kings question. 

"We couldn't save her, but we did what we came here to do. Now I need you to honor your promise to protect my people. " trying to reason with him

"Yeah. That was before your people shot me and killed my Commander." 

"We just saved your damn life." Octavia sneers at the king in disgust,

"Roan, your people are hungry for you to lead them. Do so now as your mother would have. Kill Wanheda. Take her power and rule over everything." Echo reaches closer and closer as she begins to tell her king what he should do.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Recognize Skaikru as the 13th clan so we can go home and come up with a way for us to survive, all of us. " Pleading with Roan

The shouts of hundreds can be heard from outside the building, "Listen to that. I let you live, I'll be dead in 6 days. Sorry. Can't." he grabs my hand and pulls me close.

Crowd: Jus drein jus daun! Jus drein jus daun! Jus drein jus daun! Jus drein jus daun! Jus drein jus daun! Jus drein jus daun! Jus drein...

"I have a proposition that might work, but you need to cooperate and understand that this will have to happen. In order for us to survive and for our people's sake." Roan starts, he leans into face and whispers in my ear. "Okay" making eye contact with him

Roan and I make our way to the makeshift stage with the war chiefs, 

  " I know you've all come here for an execution, but no one else will die here today. The City of Light has fallen... And there is no Commander left to rule us. Until another Nightblood ascends, I... King Roan of Azgeda, eldest son of Nia, grandson of Theo... am caretaker of the throne and keeper of the Flame. Have decided that Skaikru and Azgeda will be joined through marriage, Wanheda, commander of death, has agreed to marriage and my heir will have the power Wanheda possesses. So that our kingdom will be lead by the strongest of them all."

   Roan voice roars through the crowd, looking into the small pit of Skaikru, I make eye contact with Bellamy. His eyes hold hurt and confusion I whisper "I'm sorry." in his direction, his eyes then cast to the ground. Meeting my mothers eyes, they are filled with tears. 

Roan grabs my hand interlocking our fingers, raises our hands as the crowd roars with approval.

What have I done.