Chapter 35

Demi's POV

When we got back to our apartment I smelt food. When we walked through the door I saw Nick sitting at the table with the table fully set and 3 plates of food ready. I hugged him and then pecked his lips. He really is the best. Me and Nick sat across from each other and Anna sat next to me. She was trying to stay calm, but I could tell she was internally freaking out. I mean I would be too if I was in her situation. She had been clean for over a week and she was doing even better now with my help, but this is a lot of food for someone recovering from an eating disorder. She doesn't want anyone to know about it so I haven't told Nick. I don't know how I'm going to be able to help her if I have to act like nothings wrong. I pulled myself out of my thoughts and picked up the knife to start cutting my steak. I ate a couple bites of the steak and mashed potato's and then glanced up and noticed Nick looking at Anna weird. I turned my head to see what was wrong and Anna was just sitting there staring at the knife. Shit, I didn't know she was triggered that easily. I grabbed her hand under the table snapping her out of her trance. She looked over at me and gave a weak smile. I gave her a reassuring look. "Sorry, I'm just so tired," she said forcing a laugh to cover up her trance she was in and picking up the knife. I was getting nervous for her.

"God Demi! What do you do to this kid? I know your new to this, but you have to let her sleep occasionally," Nick said sarcastically.

"Ha Ha, you're so funny," I said sarcastically as I kicked him under the table. He rolled his eyes at me and then I stuck my tongue out at him again. He glanced over at Anna and then back at me giving me a worried look. I turned to face Anna. She was cutting her steak, but her hands were shaking and tears were clearly brimming in her eyes. She tried to blink them back. I immediately took the knife out of her hand and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck, gripping onto the back of my shirt tightly. I mouthed to Nick 'I'll explain later' and then took Anna up to my room to try and get the urges to pass. As soon as we got to my room and I shut the door she started sobbing uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this! I can't do it anymore! Make it stop! I can't take it," She said frantically in between sobs. 

"Yes you can baby! You're my little warrior, remember?" I said and I started singing Warrior to her changing all the I's to you's like I did the other night. Her sobs faded as the song went on. Once I finished singing I wiped the tears off her face and held her hand as we walked back into the dining room. I sat down and she came and sat on my lap. I knew it was because she didn't trust herself. I started cutting her steak for her. Nick gave me a confused, but worried look. I mouthed to him 'go wait in the living room' so he got up and went to the living room. I fed about half of the food to Anna before I gave in and let her stop eating. I walked with her into the living room. "Anna, why don't you pick out a movie. I need to talk to Nick for a minute," I said and she shot me a glare and then nodded. 

Anna's POV

I know she's telling Nick. I can hear every word that is coming out of their mouths. They are trying to be quite, but it isn't working. They are right in the next room over so I can't get to the bathroom without being caught. I really want to purge, but I can't. Finally they came back into the living room. I glared at Demi, but she didn't notice. Her eyes were all red, it was obvious she was crying. Was she really crying over me? I don't know, but I don't care. I'm so freaking mad at her right now. How could she tell Nick? I trusted her! "Hey baby girl, did you pick out a movie?" she asked acting all innocent.

"Yeah," I said emotionlessly while shoving 'The Heat' at her. She seemed totally oblivious to my anger. She put the movie in and sat down on the couch between me and Nick. I scooted away and sat in my own little corner of the couch while Demi and Nick cuddled. To be honest I'm kind of jealous of Nick. Wait, no I'm not. What am I thinking? I'm mad at Demi, I don't want to cuddle with her. Okay, maybe I do... but whatever.